Breakfast Smoothies

I want to start making fruit smoothies for breakfast everyday but need some different ideas currently I make a banana strawberry and orange juice smoothie and thats good i like frozen peaches just need other ideas please help

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    should consider adding some whey protein (or whole egg)
  • culloa95
    culloa95 Posts: 1 Member
    i would suggest vanilla protein powder with a little bit of instant coffee. Super yummy! :) And perfect for the mornings.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Check out my diary if you wish. I have a protein smoothie every day for lunch.
    Be aware though, mine is pretty high calorie, but incredibly filling and yummy+
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    I like:
    Almond milk
    Banana
    Blueberries
    Strawberries
    Ice
    _________
    Almond Milk
    Banana
    Oatmeal
    Vanilla Protein
    Ice

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    edited April 2015
    try adding greens like spinach and baby kale - They don't have a strong flavor so you may not even taste a difference. If you get adventurous you can add arugula, watercress or beet greens too.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,178 Member
    edited April 2015
    I want to start making fruit smoothies for breakfast everyday but need some different ideas currently I make a banana strawberry and orange juice smoothie and thats good i like frozen peaches just need other ideas please help

Experiment a bit, what is the worst that can happen? Get as basis milk, yoghurt, almond milk, your favourite juice or even ice cream, and whatever fruit you feel would taste good in there. Then think what else would seem like a good match: vanilla, chocolate, one more fruit or vegetable, coffee, tea? If these are things you would eat together, chances are the smoothie will turn out fine. If the foods sound completely incompatible, like coffee and lemon juice, avoid mixing them together and you will be fine.
    For example, some I can think of that I remember trying and they were nice:
    all sorts of berries, milk or almond milk and vanilla. Or skip the milk and add lemon juice, honey and ice
    watermelon, lemon juice and ice
    lemon flavoured yoghurt and pineapple
    pears, apples and kiwis with ice
    mango, pineapple and coconut water
    yoghurt, banana, coffee and vanilla
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I'd add greens (and possibly protein powder & chia and/or flax) and ditch the juice.