loose 100+ lbs

I have been overweight all of my life. The most I have ever lose was 80 lbs and I felt great but gained it all back. I was on a diet that was a quick fix. Now I need to loose the wight the right way and keep it off

Replies

• UrbanUrsula
    UrbanUrsula Posts: 6 Member
    Well done for taking that step to a healthy lifestyle. I have 105lb to lose 7st 7lb. Good luck and Plz keep me posted
  • fattestbloke73
    fattestbloke73 Posts: 5 Member
    Got 150 plus to loose, looked in the mirror today for the first time in forever and saw the tummy like a gravestone out in front. Will be trying to follow all this stuff closely but could do with a hand. Happy to help anyone if I can.
  • theston412
    theston412 Posts: 47 Member
    I need to lose around a 130 pounds. I'm all about gaining new friends. feel free to add me!
  • Shadowpap
    Shadowpap Posts: 2 Member
    You can do it if it is important enough! After getting to 460 lbs. (68" Waist) in 1989, I had an early version of the Gastric Bypass done.
    Yes, I lost weight but since then, I have bounced between 290 and 365 (50-56" Waist) no matter what I tried.

With the tracking of MFP and a local doctor, I have lost 112 lbs since Thanksgiving 2014 and am now at 244 (44" Waist) (which is approx. what I was in 1974). I guess the thought of needing a 2nd lower back operation in just 4 years also helped motivate me to lose the weight. I figured it couldn't hurt and might allow the discs to heal if they didn't have all the extra weight to carry, but time will tell.

I still have about 60 lbs. to go and then I will change to a maintenance diet so I no longer lose weight but will track calories and re-adjust eating if I go 2 lbs. above my target weight.

It is really fun not having to go to a Big Mens Store to get clothes, other than I keep having to get new clothes about ever 6 weeks as they are then too loose! The pain of losing weight can be fun, only problem will eventually what I do with all the hanging skin! And then there is the excitement of not having to bend over to see my feet and not being able to see some stuff I only remember was in that direction! LOL

At 62, I am not sure it is worth the cost of multiple surgeries, but it would be nice too!

Hopefully, the change in diet, and lifestyle will allow me to hang on in this old world a little longer to enjoy retirement and my 7 grandchildren!

Shadowpap (Dennis)