Limited Mobility Exercises?

Options
Apud85
Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
Does anyone have any website recommendations that contain cardio or strength training exercises for people with limited mobility? My sweet mom has severe hip and knee problems and has difficulty walking, but expressed interest in losing weight in the hopes of mitigating some of her mobility issues. I'm trying to get her set up on MFP so she can track her calories, but would really like for her to try to do some upper body strength or cardio exercises in addition.

I've looked but can't find many websites online that show specific routines. Thanks so much in advance!!

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about this topic but here's my two cents, when my mom injured her foot and couldn't walk we spoke to her doctor about her using a light kettle Bell or dumb bell while seated. ( I love kettle bell :) the doctor said that was fine for her. So maybe ask her doctor if using dumb bells or kettle bell would be okay .
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Look up chair exercises.
    Also, swimming wouldn't put stress on her.
    Like Thorsmom mentioned, some weights....whatever she can handle!
    ETA: really, the weight loss is more about what shes eating, she can do that by cico :smile: