I hate men....

Options
12346»

Replies

• bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    yes I am in the club with you. Always hated the fact that men can eat more and lose weight faster. I don't compare myself to anyone anymore and I am much happier just being on here and doing things at my own pace.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    News on the "men" front. The spouse lost 3 lbs. in one week so far. My son 0 . I think the main difference is that my husband, despite his very sedentary job, is extremely active with baseball on the week-end. I must admit I enjoy seeing my "hated men" begin to take care of themselves, though!
  • otheliemoor
    otheliemoor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5'1" here and yes! I mean, I have my weight-loss to 0.25 kg a week, because anything more and I'm down to 1200 calories. Now I up that by adding exercise, but eating back calories and calories burned from working out is a complicated mess.

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Yes, it sucks and is not fair, but you should be very happy they are trying to do something about their weight before it gets worse.
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Men aren't as genetically blessed as you might think - they collect fat around their abdomen where it's much more dangerous. Women can get away with carrying more fat since they tend to collect it around their hips. Now it's not terribly fashionable for a woman to have a lot of fat on her hips, but that's not a genetic thing...that's social/cultural.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm very concerned about my son, who at 26, has a serious belly and high blood pressure.