Feeling defeated

Options
I had a rough day today feeling rushed. I have not worked out in almost a week and I did not plan properly. I feel disappointed that I did. It say no to temptation. I am nursing a baby and the past two days, she has been hard to soothe. I work full time and just feel exhausted. I know planning has to be a part of my process!

Replies

• R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know what didn't work - you know what you need to do - and you know how to do it.

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. So try to make small changes and build on your successes!
    One day is not defeat. One day is one day. Today is fresh - make the most of it!!!
  • meiellie
    meiellie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "yesterday was yesterday, today's today"! that is what I tell my students.....so a fresh start! everyone has days when they are exhausted and I know exactly where you are coming from. it will get better! xx. you know what to do, so just take it in small "baby" steps. it can be as easy as not buying that bag of chips that were on sale to saying" hey! I didn't have a bedtime lunch tonight". take baby and go for a walk, or go to mall and have a quiet time. good luck and you will be ok. xx
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a fresh start and you can do better. Don't beat yourself up over one day.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    You sound very self aware, a good thing. Stuff happens.

Don't beat yourself up... maybe come up with coping strategies for such days and weeks.

Instead of a work out at the gym how about a four mile walk with your child? Or two each day!
  • ronellaFit
    ronellaFit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone. Turns out I lost .4kg. So, I did ok. Got up Sat morning and did post natal Tae Bo DVD. FELT GREAT
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    If you need help with motivation, support and accountability you should join my challenge group! We all have ups and downs but it's easier to get through when you have support!

My challenge Group starts Monday! Do you want to be at or close to your goal at the same time others are just beginning to work toward their goal? Join my "Pre-New Years Resolution" challenge group. we will bust *kitten* and support each other from Monday through News Years! Daily check-ins, Weekly weigh ins and monthly measurements as well as motivation, support and accountability! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105686-pre-new-years-resolution-challenge-group