In addition to the scale

Options
I have a few body measurements that I try to take on a monthly basis to reinforce my weight loss or that allows me to see a reduction even though it may not show on the scale.

In addition to the scale, I'm curious to know what people use to track their improvement and why.

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    moesis wrote: »
    I have a few body measurements that I try to take on a monthly basis to reinforce my weight loss or that allows me to see a reduction even though it may not show on the scale.

In addition to the scale, I'm curious to know what people use to track their improvement and why.

The mirror and tight clothing becoming looser. Why because I truly notice what a high sodium day feels like in slacks that should fit comfortably but they were a little tight for a date one night.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Scale, tape measure, clothing size, mirror...

I don't use how I feel as that isn't dependent on my size.

I am going to be asking my doctor to schedule a dexa scan probably in June so I can compare over the next year but that's more out of curiosity than anything.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Scale and tape pretty much sums up my measurements. I weight daily and use the tape weekly. I don't see the justification to buy an expensive impedance BF measurement device when they are so inaccurate. I seem to get fairly accurate readings with my tape for now.
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Tape measure, fit of clothing (I have clothes in across 2 sizes so the lower size will fit better if I'm losing, the larger size will get looser), and my face in photos. I seem to have zero capability of recognising change in my face in the mirror :D I can see that my body is getting smaller but my face always looks the same to me no matter what, but when I see a photo of my face I can really spot the difference.

Actually the face one is a top priority for me.