Weekly weight loss goal

Options
I have been searching but I can't seem to find the chart/list that gets posted often with the recommended weight loss goal per week. (If you have 25 pounds to lose, aim for X per week, if you have 15-25, aim for X per week, etc.) I am trying to tweak my goal/calories to find something that might work better, and I just wanted to look at those recommendations. Does anyone have them or a link?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    There are various different ones, but they all seem to be fairly similar. The one I've seen the most is:

If you need to lose more than 50lbs in total, 2 lbs per week is a realistic, healthy and maintainable weight loss rate to aim for.

If you need to lose between 20 and 50lbs in total, 1 lb per week is a realistic, healthy and maintainable weight loss rate to aim for.

If you need to lose less than 20lbs, 0.5lb per week is a realistic, healthy and maintainable weight loss rate to aim for.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I have 80lbs to lose(I've lost 29lbs so far so it would be a 109lb loss when I reach goal!!!) and I am losing 1-3lb a week, depending on how well I am doing... I aim for 2lbs because I have a lot of weight to lose, though! I know once I get down a little lower, I'll reduce my goal to ~1.5 a week, and work my way down...

Unfortunately, I can't find any helpful links to how much you should lose/depending on how much you have to lose... I know someone will post either a link or some advice! :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Here is the chart I have bookmarked:
    More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week