Running is good for slimming

Options
I know a lot of people slim down successfully via running. However, i have big boobs which are D cup. whichever exercise i do, my boobs will not get smaller. So whenever i go for running, everyone will be staring at my boobs. I dont know how to stop them from shaking. Any advice?

Replies

• OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    If you get good support they will not shake, I know when I fast jog mine don't move and I have DD. Get something with lift and under wire if you can stand it :)
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Mine are DD and I run. Best you can do is just find a high support bra. Like ones that are $40-60.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Duct tape.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm DD too and I run. As has been suggested , a good sports bra will help.
  • myu3160
    myu3160 Posts: 1
    Options
    Lululemon bras are great but pricy. I wear a 30F (32DD but the band is too large, cups too small) and I own 4 pairs of Lululemons, hasn't stopped me from sprinting!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I had a DD. I still ran & they didn't shake. Even if they had...I would be busy running to care what people could see. Get a decent sports bra, have it on nice & tight...tighter than you normally would & run. Simple.
  • lisaslim1976
    lisaslim1976 Posts: 145
    Options
    I wear a normal bra with my sports bra over the top! :-) (EE)
  • Sixel
    Sixel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra, they won't move an inch.

I personally swear by Shock Absorber but the available brands will depend on where you live.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am DD too and I wear a shock absorber sports bra. Actually I wear that plus a cheapy supermarket sports bra over the top. A fairly fitted stretchy sports top on top of that and they barely move.

But honestly, don't worry what people are looking at, you are doing this for you. I didn't care if anyone was watching my bouncy boobs, I wanted to stop the bouncing as much as I could as I got too out of breath.
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Stop bragging! ;oP

Sorry. I suppose as the others said, a good sports bra should do the trick. Don't worry about where people stare. Let them look if they got nothing else to do
  • esme1983
    esme1983 Posts: 60
    Options
    30G over here and I wear the highest shock absorber from Bravissimo - can't remember the exact name but they'll help you out. Good luck and hooray for boobies
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm an E Cup and I wear a Berlei Shock Absorber which makes a huge difference. I don't care if people look at them (if you've got 'em, flaunt 'em!!) but I find it painful and uncomfortable if they are moving around when I exercise.
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    I know a lot of people slim down successfully via running. However, i have big boobs which are D cup. whichever exercise i do, my boobs will not get smaller. So whenever i go for running, everyone will be staring at my boobs. I dont know how to stop them from shaking. Any advice?

Like all the ladies above say - get a good sports bra. I'm a D/DD and I run!
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I started running/jogging at HH and yeah, it's a right pain in the (boob) *kitten* but here is a simple tip that is cost effective.

I wore a regular, supportive bra (an old one, so wasn't too fussed) and put a generic sports bra over the top. I was looking around finding that sports bra's in my size were either unavailable or about £200 and I wanted to get started NOW and not in three months time when I had the surplus money.

It's not perfect, and I would definitely recommend a decent sports bra if you can afford it, but it helped me to the point where I have minimal bounce and no pain/much sagging. I've gone down to an E now, and still adopt my on-the-cheap method because it works for me.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I had size D when I started working out, now a C, but I find the jiggle is something you just deal with. Double up on your sports bra, and slap on a workout top with an added 'support' layer.
  • coopers11
    coopers11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have F's and I run, you just need a good bra.

No need to worry that people will be looking at you because you'll be past them in a second or 2 !!! :)
  • pocok31
    pocok31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm DD and I run. I use a shock absorber support bra and it holds everything in place.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Get a speed rope. Now you don't have to run.

Please post a video of yourself skipping though.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    OP I've been running only a few months, and you're absolutely correct about the slimming aspect. And this is coming from a person who has a well rounded exercise regimen. But get thee a decent bra. I'll second the recommendation for Shock Absorber. Do guys look? Yeah, they will no matter what. My chest is only a C cup, but no matter what I wear. you can see my headlights through my sports bra and shirt. I pretty much ignore it, but when I've got a creep running toward me with his eyes on the prize, I just cross an arm over my chest. He gets the message and looks away. Then it's fun when a college guy sneaks a peak, so it works out sometimes.

Just run.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Only if you could run in slow motion.