Make-Up Gurus, Is my make-up 'off'?

Options
2»

Replies

• lucyexq
    lucyexq Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would agree with a peach toned lip opposed to pink and possibly reshape your brows entirely. As someone who never totally learned to do their eyebrows properly till a few years ago I can completely sympathize, but a different shape would be much more flattering on your face :)
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I love make up but I'm not a guru. I'll give my input anyways. The most important thing on a face are the eyebrows. I get mine threaded and they always do a nice shape in my opinion. I'd let them grow out and then have them reshape your brows. Also, since your eyes are a little on the smaller side, I'd avoid eyeliner on the bottom, this just makes them look smaller. I also use a white eyeshadow right underneath my brow to highlight it. If you darken your brows, use brown. I like Bare Minerals eyebrow dust in brunette... this is a brush application. As far as foundation, I prefer Bare Minerals for a light dusting with great coverage... I don't use liquid or anything because I think it's too heavy and the color is always off.
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I think you are going to get different opinions from different people, but that being said I'll give you mine. (And I also think you should take a couple of different photos, because different lighting can throw the colors off.)

1) The eyebrows are a bit too thin. (Try filling them in until they've grow in.)
    2) The skin appears a bit ruddy or more orange than the neck/chest area. (Is your foundation slightly too dark, or is it powder/bronzer or even the lighting of the picture that is throwing this off?)
    3) The lip color is too bright for your skin tone. (Try a peach, or lighter and warmer toned pink.)
    4) The eye makeup is a nice color for your blue eyes, but the way it was applied makes your eyes appear smaller. (Instead of a dark color over the entire lid, try to gradually blend out the color into the crease. It would also look more balanced if the bottom lash line had a smudge of a very faint grey color to round out the entire eye.)

*Also, a lot of drugstores will allow you to return makeup even after it is opened for full refund with receipt (they will just throw it away though), and Sephora will allow you to exchange or refund any product as long as you have the receipt.
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Your eyebrows do look too thin. Go to sephora or ulta and ask them to fill in your brows for a thicker, more natural look. Also you have lovely eyes, but are you wearing mascara? I can't really see it. Adding mascara to your top and bottom lashes would make your lovely eyes pop even more. Also don't forget to use an eyelash curler before you apply the mascara. It lengthens your lashes and makes the mascara easier to apply. You could add a shimmery white to your inner corners and your brow bones, it will make your eyes pop even more. I don't know if I like the color of the eye liner either, I think a black liner would be better with perhaps gold shadow. That's just my preference though.

Also your lips look a little chapped too. I suggest drinking more water, exfoliate them a few times a week (you can do this with just a toothbrush), and put on lip balm before you apply any lipstick. Like others said the foundation is a little dark, but it's not a big deal really. I love the color of your lips and your eyes are so pretty, I like your look, I just think it could use a few finishing touches! :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    HELL NO go darker on the lips a dark mauve would be awesome

your foundation looks natural dont worry about it

oh and fill in your brows a bit with some powder if you want too
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I think you are Lovely! :)

Just a tip: I have been putting my makeup on in front of a window for years and on warm days, I actually sit outside and apply my makeup that way I know that it's not too harsh. I tend to keep it all very light any way except for my lips! It's okay to get Bold just keep it focused on one area. i.e the lips or the eyes. Try to keep your eyebrow pencil a shade lighter than your hair color, this will soften up your whole face. :)

Stay Lovely my Dear!
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    you look good and you dont look very made-up but Id go for a tinted lip chap over the lipstick, the colour will be a bit lighter and more natural, and your lips look a tad bit dry so itll help with that, and exfoliate
    I would also suggest tightlining for your eyeliner and only putting eyeliner on your top lid and not your water line, or use a light blue/white eyeliner for your water line if you must,
    and it looks like you have freckles but your foundation covers them up, go for a lighter foundation, honestly a bb cream and a light powder to set it might be better, especially around your nose, chin and forehead, and blend it a bit more around your neck, its not super noticeable but it is a different shade than your face,
    fill in your eyebrows a bit, use pencil and powder, and try a bit of mascara to bring out your eyes
    and use a coralish blush to contour around your cheeks a bit

sorry that sounds very critical, you do look lovely, and take what i say with a grain of salt, im by no means a professional make-up artist, or even adequate, i can barely do my own make-up