overweight and pregnant

Options
13»

Replies

• Jennypoo76
    Jennypoo76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was 210 when I got pregnant with my five year old, I gained 16 pounds and lost 8 the last week of my pregnancy. Then I lost 30 pounds in the first six weeks after I had her. Now I weigh 220 but I'm a pants size smaller than I was when I had her. I'm trying to build up energy and lower my blood pressure. "They" say since I'm 5'3" I should weigh about 145. If I can get down to 170, I will be happy and be smaller than I have since high school.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I was 167 when I got pregnant. I gained 40 pounds. 7 in the last week. I do not recommend this course of action. I don't think I have any pictures of me when I was pregnant but Mama B down below nails my general look.

Slide1%25255B8%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

how tall are you? I am about 8 pounds less..

I'm 5'6".
  • mommyofanangelboy
    mommyofanangelboy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    did anyone lose weight ? or stick with the "15 -20 pounds" recommended? if so, how? ive heard of some people only gaining a few pounds & then those who don't gain any,but leave the hospital weighing less than their pre-pregnancy weight? I'm just scared it will be hard to control my weight gain because with my first born, I gained 44 pounds. ( i still have 12 pounds to lose til im at my pre-preg. weight). I don't wanna gain that much. :neutral:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    did anyone lose weight ? or stick with the "15 -20 pounds" recommended? if so, how? ive heard of some people only gaining a few pounds & then those who don't gain any,but leave the hospital weighing less than their pre-pregnancy weight? I'm just scared it will be hard to control my weight gain because with my first born, I gained 44 pounds. ( i still have 12 pounds to lose til im at my pre-preg. weight). I don't wanna gain that much. :neutral:

I gained loads with all of mine, no matter what I did. I think women who leave the hospital weighing less were either obese to start with and being pregnant forced them to eat healthily, or they suffered with hyperemesis.
  • mommyofanangelboy
    Options
    well, i'm definitely not obese. just dont want to get in that range, (not that the scale matters), but i am heavier this time around, and i felt huge and wide when i left the hospital. I guess all I can do is try to lose more weight while ttc & continue eating healthy & exercising. i'm sure this time around, it'll be different seeing how we moved & have more room & I have a 2 year old to keep up with :)
  • mommyofanangelboy
    Options
    oh ! forgot to mention: @DawnieB1977, I think you look great in your pregnancy pics!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    oh ! forgot to mention: @DawnieB1977, I think you look great in your pregnancy pics!

Aww thank you. I do look back and wonder how the hell I gained so much. I actually seem to gain a bit after giving birth, and I've never weighed myself until my babies have been at least 2 months old. I struggled to breastfeed with all of them (they all lost a lot of weight, my son lost 30% of his birth weight) so I took loads of things like domperidone, fenugreek, nursing tea etc, which (as I found out later) can cause you to gain weight.