Looking for a few more 40's and 50's MFP friends

Hi there! I have been on mfp for over and have lost 85 lbs. I have around 40 more to lose. I deleted my account a couple of months ago and have been back for over 40 days now. I thought I had this on my own, but I was wrong. I realize how much I need the support, and to make connections with people who are striving to reach their goals. I welcome friends of any age, but it would be cool to have a few more people as friends who are in their 40's and 50's (I'm 53).

My biggext struggle isn't so much the eating healthy, but more so getting myself back to the gym! I use to have a personal trainer and went 5-6 nights a week. Now, I seem to come up with every excuse under the sun not to go. It's getting nice outside again, so my plan is to try to get my cardio in outside when I can, then do some circuit training and high rep/low weights at the gym. Cardo 6 days a week and hit the gym at least 3 days for circuits. I plan to do that for a while, then evaluate again.

So, like I said, I welcome anyone as a friend...but extra points for you in the 40-50 age group!! Thanks in advance to you all!!

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Here is a great group of 50 somethings: 50+ (or So) Support Group.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    I'm 60 (but mentally about 14?!!!) Add me if you like. I've been on since Oct 2013 and am over 90 pounds down. Trying to get the last 5 to go, but they (the last 5) won't budge!!!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Another vote for joining the 50 or so support group, and here's another 53 year old for you to add.

kjurassic I don't feel "53" either. I sure wish I was 30 again. Trying to get my body age back a decade or so through this process but mental age is already there.u
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Feel free to add me, I log everyday and lost 118 lbs six years ago, now working on maintaining and toning!! You can do this...