Recovering from binge episode

Options
kiittenforever
kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I had a two day binge and feel all my progress is gone. I have been at this for 62 days and was weighing in at 153 getting excited now I am back up to 160 today. I am wondering how much damage I did by the binging episode. I probably had 7,000 calories last night. It was really bad I drank two bottles of wine, had tofurky sandwiches with a ton of mayo, ate whipped cream, a small veggie pizza, and 2 boxes of fibre one bars. I just kept eating and eating on top of my daily calories. I'm drinking water just wondering how much damage I did. This is so hard its the third time I've done this. The previous night was nachos, peanut butter sandwiches and ice cream. Why do I do this.. I'm all bloated now and feel terrible. Thanks for reading. Yeah, I logged it and will move on but how bad is the damage 3-5 pounds in 2 days?

Replies

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    it will go in the morning...or the day after...lol.......log it...use the guilt as a motivator for next time....write this down so you remember how it made you feel....put it in the fridge with the box of cookies...or ice cream.......

if you get back at it...you will lose it in no time......you need to find what triggers them...are you too hungry every day leading to the binge.....if so up your dailys a little to try to stop the hunger.....not sure on your history...etc.....
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    2 bottles of wine in one night?! You and I need to become friends! Don't sweat your binge... Just get right back on track! After I have a binge I try and subtract 100 calories from my daily intake for a couple of days... It seems to have helped me.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. It is a small hiccup when you look at the long run. Just move on and try not to worry about it!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Don't step on the scales for at least a week. The bloating will make it look worse. Let's just say I have had this experience.... you have to reset your mind to get past it. OK, you did this thing, it is over, moving forward.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You can't gain weight that fast so some of the gain is water weight. Take comfort that many of those excess calories just went straight through. That's why you can write off the occasional binge day. Brainstorm why this happened, to gain insight on how you might be able to prevent it next time. Here's some tips I learned in therapy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/halting-a-binge-session-715131
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 pounds in Mexico eating everything in sight. Was only there 3 days....only took about a week of eating back on schedule for the pounds to fall off.

Honestly the best thing to do when you have an over eating episode, is to go back to eating how you were supposed to. I find myself in a rabbit hole if I try to eat like x amount less today because i went way over yesterday. So if say I'm to eat 1500 calories a day, and one day i eat like 7000. I'd eat 1500 the next day or I'd probably end up over eating in a few days trying to make up for it.

That's just my experience and what works best for me.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The damage is only as bad as you make of it. You logged it--good job!

Coming in at 160 from 153, I'm sure you understand that most of it is probably immediate water weight. That meals you described seems like they have a pretty high sodium level as well. Just get back on track with your plan and resolve to stick with it. A little slip up now and then does not void how hard you've worked unless you allow it to. You may lose a little less this week, but that doesn't change how hard you've worked the past two months.

Turn it into a teachable moment. If this is recurring, yourself why you keep doing this. Are you getting enough to eat in the first place with your deficit? Sometimes people restrict their calories too aggressively and binge because they are understandably, well, very hungry. Is it an emotional thing? A boredom thing? Reflect on the root of why you keep having these days, whatever it is, and take action on it moving forward.

Don't feel discouraged. Your progress is not lost! Just keep at it. And I hope you feel better soon. <3

• nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    2 bottles of wine in one night?! You and I need to become friends!

That was my first thought! :-p
  • sevenactual
    sevenactual Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    kittenforever,

What are the trigger(s) that cause you to binge eat? You mentioned that this was the third time that you have binged like this. Most of us have things that will trigger us to over eat. I sure do.

Identifying the triggers and anticipating when they may appear has helped me to stay on track.

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Two boxes of Fiber One bars?! I hope you prepared the toilet...
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »

This made me LOL! B)
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You can't put on 7 pounds of fat in 2 days, but you can definitely retain that much water from all the salt in your binge.

As soon as you go back on track things should start looking better pretty quickly.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    kittenforever,

What are the trigger(s) that cause you to binge eat? You mentioned that this was the third time that you have binged like this. Most of us have things that will trigger us to over eat. I sure do.

Identifying the triggers and anticipating when they may appear has helped me to stay on track.

Thanks

• britt01any
    britt01any Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »