dinner time! whats everyone having or had? need ideas for next week please :)

Options

Replies

• FrownWellington
    FrownWellington Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Prelogged dinner is red beans and rice with a side of roasted broccoli. Later I'll probably have a couple of chocolate chip cookies with hazelnuts and dried cherries.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki grilled chicken, baked sweet potato and steamed broccoli with butter.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    We had general tso's chicken, fried rice, and broccoli. It was delicious.
  • Ame_ly
    Ame_ly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had a big *kitten* tomato and cucumber salad with grilled chicken. :smile:
  • timetochange2015jks
    timetochange2015jks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas guys! Loads to add to my new list of healthy options!
  • timetochange2015jks
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    We had general tso's chicken, fried rice, and broccoli. It was delicious.

Not sure what general tso chicken is but sounds good if its with fried rice !
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Homemade cream of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich (cheddar on sourdough bread)
  • nik_nak_83
    nik_nak_83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Baked cod fillet with tomato chutney on top, salad on an open pitta, delish!!!
  • marciemartin1
    marciemartin1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm having a small beef tenderloin on the grill with a side of steamed broccoli and garlic bread.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I've just had sausage casserole with veg and Yorkshire pud. Oh beautiful.
  • timetochange2015jks
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

Mm sounds delish ! What sausages did you use im not sure what healthy alternative to normal pork ones to get!
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Mm sounds delish ! What sausages did you use im not sure what healthy alternative to normal pork ones to get!

I used ones with a really high pork content. Only had two and were only 260 calories. I stick to really meaty ones as lower pork content are usually fattier and a bit grim lol! I only have it occasionally so don't worry too much about a healthy alternative. You can get chicken sausages which are a healthier alternative and actually not too bad!
  • timetochange2015jks
    Options

I used ones with a really high pork content. Only had two and were only 260 calories. I stick to really meaty ones as lower pork content are usually fattier and a bit grim lol! I only have it occasionally so don't worry too much about a healthy alternative. You can get chicken sausages which are a healthier alternative and actually not too bad!
    Oh really ! Ill treat myself with my next "cooked"breakfast then! Thank you for the help!
  • DonnaHilston
    DonnaHilston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm having two pieces of tilapia. Everything above sounds better than that!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast with peppers mushrooms and California blend veggies sauteed with red curry sauce, curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes with a side of thin sliced and buttered french baguette.

It was delicious and around 600 calories.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm on the red wagon, so I just ate two slices of pepperoni pizza and a small bag of cheddar popcorn and a regular coke. Hey, I'm still in my calorie range! LOL!
  • megn529
    megn529 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chopped Mediterranean salad: chicken, spinach, tomatoes, feta, cannellini beans, balsamic, and spices.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Last night we had meatballs in a red sauce. Found some great recipes!

This evening was slow cooked country style pork ribs with a BBQ rub and coleslaw.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    New York Strip, grilled and fresh green beans, steamed
    Hub used hickory chips on the Weber...sso frickin good!
  • gemmaaim2812
    gemmaaim2812 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had today steak with Peper corn sauce, home made chips and mixed vegetable rice all came to 500 calories