I lost 44 pounds. I am 5'9. photos included. :)

Options
Hello, my name is Jazmin and I am a work in progress. I started on MFP in January 2015 at 218 pounds and am now 173 pounds. I have used MFP everyday since January. It helped me to lose 44 pounds. I still need to lose 4 pounds to be in a healthy weight range but I wanted to share my story and hopefully inspire or help someone. Pretty much what I did was cut down on all the junk I was eating. Instead of eating take out once or twice a day I cut that down to maybe once a week. I drink tons of water, eat whatever I'm in the mood(take out food excluded) for as long as it fits into my daily calorie limit (excluding days when i have cheat meals) and exercise 4-6 times a week. 3 times a week I strength train and do some toning exercises. I have been lucky enough so far not to plateau. Sorry the photos are unorganized. The ones with the green tops are when I was still obese and the one with the blue dress is my after photo. jw7s34n65gn2.png
xr49ly0juwse.png
z3z404xdxkdp.jpg

037ee6sn01h2.jpg

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Lovely! Take this as you will from one lady to another, but you are one of the loveliest ladies I have ever seen. The smiles in your "after" photos make it though. Bravo!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Lovely! Take this as you will from one lady to another, but you are one of the loveliest ladies I have ever seen. The smiles in your "after" photos make it though. Bravo!

Thank you ^__^
  • LeoL87
    LeoL87 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! congrats :)
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! I also have to agree with crazyjerseygirl - you are *really* pretty!! Congrats again!
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! :)
  • rgerlits
    rgerlits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You didn't look bad before but you've blossom into a sexier señorita :)
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes you are very pretty! and Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • Vidarsbane
    Vidarsbane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are a truly beautiful women, I bet you are really pleased.
  • uppie66
    uppie66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow u look amazing..iv lost 23 pounds since starting mfp..12 weeks been on it..how do you upload photos on ere?
  • Mattyf2626
    Mattyf2626 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job you look great
  • Samanthamill0616
    Samanthamill0616 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I'm also 5'9 and just starting out. You give me something to look forward to! Can I ask what you did that helped the most?
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I'm also 5'9 and just starting out. You give me something to look forward to! Can I ask what you did that helped the most?

Thanks :) other than the exercise and cutting calories I stopped making excuses and justifying eating unhealthily and having the bad habits that I did. One thing that is very important is to remember that you're not always going to be motivated everyday, you're not always going feel like doing the right thing and when this happens you have to keep focus and remember to stick to your goals. You don't want to go to the gym because you're tired or you'd rather sit and watch Netflix? So what, go to the gym anyway. You want to eat a family sized bag of Doritos ? Doesn't matter. Eat one serving anyway. Don't dwell on things that don't help you attain your goals.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the compliments :)
  • scottwblack
    scottwblack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job, Jazmin!
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Great job, Jazmin!

Thanks !!!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    wow!! you look great!! I am also 5'9 and am hoping to get down to 150 - 160, currently 180 with zero muscle tone, lol......very inspirational!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • AlejandroChacin
    AlejandroChacin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! Motivational!
    5'4" and 196lbs here... time to "stop dwelling on things that don't help" :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!