exercise suggestions i can do at work

Options
hi i have 10 hours a day in a little portacabin on my own. i can be seen through the windows if i do anything too obvious but at the moment im spending time walking on the spot, using my step for step ups or having a little dance to my radio. is there anything more productive i could do to burn calories? i dont want to get too sweaty but i would rather keep moving than sit all day. suggestions anyone? :)

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    maybe not so much for burning but it sounds ideal for doing things like squats and ab work!
  • maryp1234
    maryp1234 Posts: 6
    Options
    what can i do for ab work that wont involve me being on the floor - i have to be able to keep watch while im there. squats is a great idea though thank you :)
  • grandevampire
    Options
    what can i do for ab work that wont involve me being on the floor - i have to be able to keep watch while im there. squats is a great idea though thank you :)

Horse stance, if you want to look like you're sitting perfectly still at a desk (except for the sweat dripping off your face). :P
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands would be fairly discrete and flexible.
    Stretching.
    Squats.
    Calf raises.
    Can you smuggle in a gym ball or a dumbbell (or anything heavy)?
    Tai Chi/Yoga/Pilates moves?

(Greetings from Esher by the way!)
  • maryp1234
    Options
    probably be ok to get away with those. if not can always use the water containers (got smaller bottles and larger ones) if they any good? :)
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    every gallon bottle of water is an 8 lb weight!
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands would be fairly discrete and flexible.
    Stretching.
    Squats.
    Calf raises.
    Can you smuggle in a gym ball or a dumbbell (or anything heavy)?
    Tai Chi/Yoga/Pilates moves?

(Greetings from Esher by the way!)

Greetings from Richmond upon Thames.
    You could also try fitbolt.com acitivies - designed to be done at your desk?
  • maryp1234
    Options
    wow thank you all so very much :):) i really didnt realise there was so many options while im working. im definitely going to look into all of those. i just didnt realise i could do so much and so many different ways. the water weight id never really though of and i love the ideas. thank you all loads :):):)
  • aerynholly
    aerynholly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    not abs, but I love to do standing push-ups against the wall during breaks at work
  • maryp1234
    Options
    ooh will try those too :) also found on youtube ab exercises standing up going to give them a go too :)