Working on the last 10 pounds for five years

Options
Hello! My name is Rachel, and I have been within the 160-170 range for about five years. I was a heavy weightlifter in high school, which caused some problems when I stopped. My muscle left, leaving fat in the wake. Although I am hoping to hit 155, I have recently started weightlifting again and have a hard time dropping pounds as muscle is being added on. Basically, I just want to know I'm not alone in this struggle. Strangely enough, I am often jealous of larger people because their progress is obvious and inspiring. Working on the last 10-15 pounds is much more of a struggle (for me anyways).

Hopefully I can encourage some of you guys as well!

Replies

• misuzu437
    misuzu437 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you're building muscles, you may want to lower your expectation on loosing weight, as muscle is heavier and denser than fat. Try taking measurements instead. But if you still want to loose more weight, maybe trade in some weight time for a bit more cardio and try lowering your calories some. If you're generally stable with what you eat now, try lowering the calories by 500 per day and that should equal out to a pound per week.