Is Anyone Else Just Beginning?

Options
I have been into and out of fitness for the last 20 years. I always saw myself as the fat fit girl. I've walked half marathons, killed zumba classes, and lived for 90 minute spin classes. Where am I now? Barely mobile. I have hardly moved my body more than necessary in over 18 months and I am heartbroken at my inability to even walk around the supermarket without pain in my back and my legs. It amazes me how totally imobile I am. All of a sudden, I'm feeling hopeful. I'm focusing on adding movement into my day where ever I can. I am trying to be 'inefficient' around the house causing myself lots of extra steps. I keep telling myself that I can do this. By next week I'm hoping for a few laps around the track. Baby steps will get me there.

Is anyone else starting their fitness journey for the first or 100th time? We can do this.

Replies

• THBW
    THBW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've not long started back, motivation is the key for me. Best thing ever can't wait for results:)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I was, a short 7 months ago. Got laid off from a job that was making me miserable anyway, wallowed in pity and depression until I found my new job. On day 1 I got up early to work out and haven't looked back. You CAN and you WILL get back to your fit self, fat or not :)

The one thing I've noticed is that it will be like ow suffer ow tired ow waaah ow OH LOOK I'M STRONGER then repeat. The improvements seem to come in bursts. I tell you though, it's worth every ow for sure.
  • muggle_mom
    muggle_mom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You guys make it sound so easy. I'm trying to focus on that the fact that it is that easy.

Just put one foot in front of the other. Repeat.

We got this!

• RHPgirl
    RHPgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is to stop looking back! Go forward, challange yourself everyday! I read a quote the other day "If you don't quit you.. you won't have to start over again". Living that now, and this coming from a girl who has always been fit up until about two years ago when personal things went south. Went from my best and fittest to my worst and heaviest. Life continues to throw renches in my plans but I've been dedicated and told myself I want this for me. Wish you all the best. ;)
  • myboydarien
    myboydarien Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started working out last friday, my job I work crazy hours so I had to take the weekend off but was back at it come monday. I use a fitness game on the wii to help me work out and I am sore and tired everyday. I started using this app to track what I was eating and even though it tells me I'm not eating enough calories, I know I'm eating plenty because I am full from what I eat, and it's good food. I got one more day of workout to do then it's 2 days of rest. I will however be pushing mowing my yard come sunday. I try to do more things that are physical so that my body is moving more. But good luck to all those who are working on themselves, we can get there if we never give up.
  • chaos2k
    chaos2k Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started 30 days ago. I had my 4th heart surgery in july 2014 and have been slowly recovering over the winter. I am also a insulin dependent diabetic. I went for a checkup last month and my blood pressure was up. They put me on another pill. That was a turning point for me. I can home and told my wife I haven't felt healthy in years and going to make a change. I strated walking. First few days i could only do half a block, now I am up to 6 blocks in about 20 minute. Also started a stationary bike for some variety. Since starting I have lost 11 lbs, got off the new blood pressure pill and lowered my insulin by 35 units a day. So and steady has been working. Looking forward to using a real bike in hopefully another week or two.