A testing weekend!!

Options
I have my daughters birthday meal this weekend and then a family party at home. I will be surrounded by food! I feel like having a couple of days off from the calorie counting but worry I won't be able to get back into it. Also I don't want to put back on what I have lost! Any advice?

Replies

• agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Make a plan for next week (meal plan, exercise etc) so that you know you'll get back on track. Track what you eat anyway even if it goes over so you have an idea of what you're eating (and it helps you eat a little less). Drink lots of water through the party so that you snack a little less. If you're in charge of food or can bring something, bring something you won't feel bad eating. Hope that helps! Unless you go nuts you shouldn't put back on even more than a pound or two a weekend set back (but keep in mind your Monday/Tuesday weight might have some water retention too if you ate a lot of salty party foods!).
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I have my daughters birthday meal this weekend and then a family party at home. I will be surrounded by food! I feel like having a couple of days off from the calorie counting but worry I won't be able to get back into it. Also I don't want to put back on what I have lost! Any advice?

I eat whatever I want on Sundays, including dinner at a restaurant and a pint of ice cream. Having that day to eat whatever keeps me focused Monday through Friday.
  • cathcox2015
    cathcox2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much..feel positive at the moment just hope I have a balanced weekend, a nice time but straight back to it sun/mon. Have a good weekend everyone x
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Since I have been with MFP I have had more social stuff and dinners out and things than I had in months previously. Weird how that worked.

But here's what I did:

-- whenever possible, I looked up the restaurants online to see if they listed the nutritional content of the food ... or at the very least the menu items. Then I selected the lowest cal stuff. I knew what I wanted before I got to the restaurant.

-- On my other meals in surrounding days, I was very meticulous, and logged slightly below my max calories.

-- I exercised. This was the most important part for me. Lots and lots of exercise.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What I do is that I make sure not to overeat. I always used to eat until I couldn't move anymore without actually enjoying the food. Now when there is a day / weekend that I know I will be eating more I still eat everything but in moderation. I will still eat the pizza, but only one or two slices instead of a whole one and the piece of cake is just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. Going over the calorie goal every once in a while will never ruin all the effort you put in before. See it as what it is, a special occasion and get back on track the next day.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Pick the things that you really love and fully enjoy them without feeling guilty. You don't have to eat it all if you won't truly enjoy it. Then just get back to your normal routine on Monday :)
  • cathcox2015
    cathcox2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone, yes I intend to enjoy myself but not use it as an opportunity to binge and undo the hard work I have done. Here's to a fab weekend ;-)