Motivating the husband... measurements?

Options
gothchiq
gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
So once he turned the corner and got fit enough to feel good working out, hubby really got on board. That was a couple months ago. He is the kind of person who needs a lot of encouragement though to keep him in a good head space. I told him that if he took his measurements monthly it would probably help with motivation and positive reinforcement a lot. That, and keep some sort of record of how much he is lifting so he can see the weights go up over time. However much he seems to like the idea when I bring it up, he never remembers to do it. So... I'm debating. Should *I* get out the tape measure and a notebook and start measuring him and keeping the record, or would this seem pushy?

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Bring it up again 'randomly'. Then say 'lets do that and track our progress'. Measure yourself first, and then measure him FOR him.

If you already keep track of yours, time it around when you would make a record, and suggest helping him measure since you're already busy with the measuring tape.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    that's a good plan. I do mine sporadically and put them into mfp. I could be more regular and methodical about it for sure.