What's for dinner tonight?

Options
jaqcan
jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
Minestrone soup from
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/minestrone-soup-recipe.html
260 calories per serving! If you don't add parmesan, 199 EACH SERVING. I only use 4 cup broth, so there's less sodium and it's more like a stew than soup. My kids like it better as stew!

p.s. I cant figure out how to resize the photo, so if you want to see what mine looks like, just click the icon below.

Replies

• artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Looks good. I had a 4oz center cut pork chop with an Asian marinade (orange juice and zest, soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, chili powder) that I broiled in oven, asparagus with garlic salt and parmesan, and half a baked potato with Onion & Herb Mrs. Dash seasoning.

I made my husband turkey sausage with steamed summer squash, onions, bell pepper and steak seasoning and a side of asparagus with a sauce made of balsamic vinegar, roasted garlic, olive oil, and cherry tomatoes, And his asparagus was sprinkled with feta cheese. He also got a roll.

I almost always fix separate meals because I have to eat smaller portions and use up leftovers. He had the chops and baked potato meal a couple nights ago, and I had squash and bell peppers last night. It all works out. I love cooking, so fixing different dishes for us (and my toddlers) is fine with me - I get to try more recipes.