need some motivation

hjohnson592
hjohnson592 Posts: 5 Member
Hi I'm Heather. I've recently hit my highest weight ever--230 lbs. I got myself a gym membership about 2 weeks ago and have been going 3-5 times a week. Need help keeping up the motivation!

Replies

• fadraface01
    fadraface01 Posts: 21 Member
    You're not alone Heather. We match max weight and I too have just begun to change from what I have become. Stay strong sis know that there is a person in your exact spot struggling right along with you!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Motivation that lasts and means something comes from you.
    Making progress will motivate you.
    Aspiring to soemthing cna motivate.
    Wanting to get away from soemthing cna motivate.

Are there enough reasons for you to want to adopt a pattern of behaviour which means you eat less and move more?

Gyms are useful, but your first target is to learn how to create an accurate deficit with you learning to weigh and log all your food. Work on he idea of 1lb a week loss for how long it will take.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • hjohnson592
    hjohnson592 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you fadra for the reminder that I am not alone. 999 thanks for the link. This is not my first time trying to lose weight. I get so motivated that I go balls to the walls at the gym and eat a prefect clean diet. I get amazing results and then after a month or so I get totally burned out and stop working out for a few months. Trying to set smaller goals to avoid that this time around!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Breaking it down is an excellent coruse of action and I still take things one day and 1lb at a time. Dieting is a bit boring imo, but being overweight is worse or failing is equally pointless.

You recognise you go off too quickly , so you should learn to pace yourself. Steady and consistent is what you want, in a way that you can sustain. Thats why its a lifestyle change. think about some of these people that keep at it for years.

If you commit and do the right things, then you will lose. If you dont have motivation then you dont wnat it enough. I dont mean to be hard nosed about it, but you can 100% do it if you want to.