Affordable exercise tracker

Options
hi everyone!
Just trying to get motivated and would love suggestions for an affordable (under $100) fitness tracker. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just one to track calories (accurately), steps per day, and ideally elevation.

I know that only a heart rate monitor can really get you the right calorie count, but I can't imagine wearing one all day and would prefer to keep the costs down until I'm set in a routine. If that's not an option, any suggestions for both a tracker and a HR monitor that are affordable and compatible with this app would be greatly appreciated.

I've done a ton of research online and there are just SO many options, nearly impossible to narrow it down!

Help and support is deeply appreciated!

Thanks!!

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Fitbit zip works fine for that......
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research before deciding on my fitbit one and it was an excellent choice. It syncs with MFP. I have had it since January 2014, and it works great. It still holds a charge for 2+ weeks. I got it on eBay for about $75. I am actually researching it again only because after seeing the apple nano ($120 at cost )with a fitness tracker built in, I wondered if there was a reliable tracker that played music and maybe a heart rate monitor too. Fitbit still consistently gets good ratings. I don't think I would get an Apple product though because I don't like having to do everything through iTunes and pay more for for everything. I know there are ways to bypass that, but from what I have read it's not easy.
  • pninatopham
    pninatopham Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!! Narrowing it down to just two is immensely helpful!