PreWorkout

Does anyone have a preworkout they would recommend? I have tried several and I'm still on the look out for the best one.

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    I never liked them. A lot have junk fillers and ineffective dosages. They are way too expensive for what's in them. I would just buy the ingredients you like and make your own for cheaper.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Pre workout? You mean a few minute warm up on a treadmill?

Do you see a lion taking a preworkout before it strikes?
  • cpatton74
    cpatton74 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm not a lion...iI'm overweight and trying. I have to squeeze in a workout after a 16hr workday and need a little pump up to get motivated to workout so I stay on track.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    I never liked them. A lot have junk fillers and ineffective dosages. They are way too expensive for what's in them. I would just buy the ingredients you like and make your own for cheaper.

^ yup, this is what i do. BCAA's, L-Arginine, caffine pill, B vitamins. All these at the dosage i want rather than the measly amounts in most pre-workouts supplements that are way overpriced.
  • cpatton74
    betuel75 wrote: »

^ yup, this is what i do. BCAA's, L-Arginine, caffine pill, B vitamins. All these at the dosage i want rather than the measly amounts in most pre-workouts supplements that are way overpriced.

• cpatton74
    Thanks that is very helpful
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    betuel75 wrote: »

Ahhhhhh thank you for this... I just spent more than I would like to admit on a preworkout. I've been using it for a couple weeks and I feel like taking a caffeine pill would give me the same results. Will never waste money like this again.

OP, I've been weight training for about 6 months now so I thought a preworkout would help me lift heavier but I haven't noticed much of a difference... I'll continue to try it just because I did spend way too much on it so I won't let it go to waste but after it's don't I'm going to be taking what @betuel75 takes.
  • itsmeGennie
    itsmeGennie Posts: 39 Member
    If you're overweight, I would just grab a cup of coffee to get a little energized to get to the gym.
  • Stacjsteinert5
    Stacjsteinert5 Posts: 82 Member
    I use Energy & Endurance ... Love it, I don't miss a workout without drinking that first.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    I like Cellucor C4 Extreme (or Fourth Generation, which is stronger). It doesn't give me tingles or make me feel like I want to pick up my house, but it gives me a helpful energy boost. I lift at 4:30 in the morning, so I'll take all the help I can get. I rarely drink coffee and definitely prefer the taste and convenience of C4.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    I also like Cellucor C4 extreme.
  • cpatton74
    I like Cellucor C4 Extreme (or Fourth Generation, which is stronger). It doesn't give me tingles or make me feel like I want to pick up my house, but it gives me a helpful energy boost. I lift at 4:30 in the morning, so I'll take all the help I can get. I rarely drink coffee and definitely prefer the taste and convenience of C4.

Thanks!
  • cpatton74
    I use Energy & Endurance ... Love it, I don't miss a workout without drinking that first.

It's literally called energy&endurance...probably making myself look stupid by asking lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »

No. Not just a warm up on a treadmill. Sometimes after a long day of working with 2 year olds and two hours commuting on the subway, I feel like I could use a boost of energy before I throw 180 lbs on my back.

I've been having a strong coffee, but considering a pre-workout too.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Hey there sometime vitamin shoppe has health fares and gives out samples so you can try many different ones. Also I liked jacked. I use one by muscletech tis ok but not like others I try before.

on a side note my hats off too you for working out after a 16 hour day thats truly inspiring!
  • cpatton74
    Hey there sometime vitamin shoppe has health fares and gives out samples so you can try many different ones. Also I liked jacked. I use one by muscletech tis ok but not like others I try before.

on a side note my hats off too you for working out after a 16 hour day thats truly inspiring!

Thank you,I can't tell you how uplifting that was!!! I'm a nurse and my days are long but I'm trying! Will look in the healthfares,thanks!
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    I use Pre-OG (get it at tigerfitness.com) and its great. I have used 4-5 of them over the years and this one is the best.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    arditarose wrote: »

No. Not just a warm up on a treadmill. Sometimes after a long day of working with 2 year olds and two hours commuting on the subway, I feel like I could use a boost of energy before I throw 180 lbs on my back.

You may not be a lion, but you a TIGER! :wink:

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    I also like Cellucor C4 extreme.

Third. I've only used it three times, I do get the tingles but I like it. I feel very focused and have SOOO much energy. I can see it becoming addicting tho lol. But its pretty awesome. The Icy razz flavour is unbelievable, super yummy :wink:
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    If you need more of an "energy" boost then Mr Hyde PWO has a lot of caffeine in it. Or just drink black coffee
  • cpatton74
    If you need more of an "energy" boost then Mr Hyde PWO has a lot of caffeine in it. Or just drink black coffee

Thanks!
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    I use pre workouts about 3-4 times a week. Don't rely on them. They help me get a small bit of energy epically when trying to workout after a really long shift at work. I use c4 usually half a scoop does it for me, or xtc thermal by nutribolics.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    I'm currently using essential Aminos. Just started but so far so good. I chose it because I was looking for something without creatine. Started using it for morning workouts where I just don't have the energy at all.

Before my cardio I just do a sip of five hour energy lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    arditarose wrote: »

You may not be a lion, but you a TIGER! :wink:

rar