Lemon Sprayer

Options
mygnsac
mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
More gadget than recipe, but have you seen these? I can usually get about 100 sprays out of a lemon.

3uoaps77loln.jpg

Replies

• kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    way cool - first time seeing this ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Those things are so cool! Now that I have a lime tree, I want one :D
  • mygnsac
    Options
    I got mine off Amazon about a year ago. Just search for lemon sprayer. Comes with a sprayer for lemons and a smaller sprayer for limes.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Does it work well if you've already zested the lemon? I hate to waste the zest, that's the best part in a recipe.
  • mygnsac
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't weaken the exterior of the lemon when the sprayer is inserted. I suppose you can zest after you're done with the sprayer.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I love mine, as long as I remember to use it daily. Once it sits for a while, I couldn't get it to spray again, until I put it into a new lemon.
  • mygnsac
    Options
  • mygnsac
    Options
    sannferris wrote: »
    I love mine, as long as I remember to use it daily. Once it sits for a while, I couldn't get it to spray again, until I put it into a new lemon.

Before you put the sprayer in, did you roll the lemon around? I'm at the end of day 2 of a lemon and it's still spraying.
  • sannferris
    Options
    I thought I did, but maybe just not enough. I've got to be more rough with the lemons.

Do you mean 2 days without using it?
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I'm going to order one. I see there are different price ranges from little over $6 to $11. Did you get a specific one? I don't want to get a cheap piece of crap but they look about the same.
  • mygnsac
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    This is awesome. I'm going to order one. I see there are different price ranges from little over $6 to $11. Did you get a specific one? I don't want to get a cheap piece of crap but they look about the same.

I got this one.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    @mygnsac You're the bomb! Thank you!
  • mygnsac
    Options
    sannferris wrote: »
    I thought I did, but maybe just not enough. I've got to be more rough with the lemons.

Do you mean 2 days without using it?

No, 2 days with using it.

• sannferris
    Options
    My problem is not using it consistently, and then when I went to use it, it didn't spray. I need to use it daily!!