Any Indians in the house?

Lup4z
Lup4z Posts: 8 Member
Hey! I just bought a Vivosmart and have begun my "Getting in shape" regiment. Anyone else working on the same lines? :)

Replies

• satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    welcome mate.. Indian checking in :)
  • DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    Hello.
  • Lup4z
    Hi, so what are you guys using to monitor?
  • BoneyVarghese
    BoneyVarghese Posts: 1 Member
    Hey lup4z. Welcome to the community. I've been considering buying one of those vivosmart devices. Let me know how useful and accurate you feel it is.
  • Lup4z
    Hey lup4z. Welcome to the community. I've been considering buying one of those vivosmart devices. Let me know how useful and accurate you feel it is.

Hi Boney, the band is great if you are a bit on the lazy side (like me :wink: ). It reminds you that you have remained idle too long. The Garmin app sucks though. But coupled with MyFitnessPal, it seems pretty accurate. I personally find it adequate for my purpose.

Pros - Smartwatch functions, Long Battery life (1week), Waterproof, Simple UI (device), Vibrates to remind you to be active, Tracks mobility accurately (walking, running, swimming), mobile notifications can be customized, very comfortable (sometimes I forget that I'm still wearing it), works great for aerobics.
    Cons - Calesthenics, weight training, etc needs a heart monitor for accuracy, Mobile app lacks several essential features, sleep monitor only records(does not analyse).

However, I cannot give you a very accurate feedback since I have been using it for less than a week now. And because I work out mostly at home, instead of the gym. So I'm having trouble recording my resistance training routines and such.
  • DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    I currently use a Fitbit charge HR... but my apple watch is going to replace that.
    the Fitbit charge HR is good..no complaints
  • Lup4z
    Really? The Apple Watch has all the features of the Charge?