How to lose the last 15-20 lbs?

Options
I workout 5-6 days a week. I do 30 min cardio and 45 min of lifting. I'm 5'1 currently at 140 lbs. I can't seem to lose anymore weight. I think I'm gaining actually. I try to eat 1500 calories but I end up eating around 2,000 calories instead. I can't really seem to be serious about counting calories. How do I lose the weight?

Replies

• cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    It's possible you lost some fat but gained muscle since you're also lifting. Trying taking some body fat measurements to see if it went down from the last time you checked it.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Well, the reason you can't lose the weight is because you can't stick to your calories. You've answered your own question - stick to the calories and you'll lose weight. How long have you not lost weight for?
  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    As above, you already know the answer. The only way to do it is to stick to your calories. Sounds harsh but you'll do it when you want it enough.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    jainafaith wrote: »
    I workout 5-6 days a week. I do 30 min cardio and 45 min of lifting. I'm 5'1 currently at 140 lbs. I can't seem to lose anymore weight. I think I'm gaining actually. I try to eat 1500 calories but I end up eating around 2,000 calories instead. I can't really seem to be serious about counting calories. How do I lose the weight?

By getting serious about counting your calories. It's not a trick!

Set your defecit to 1/2 lb a week (-250 calories a day) and stick to it, don't overestimate your calorie burns. Be as accurate as you can be with your weighing and logging .. it is easy to eat too much when your cut is low.
    It's possible you lost some fat but gained muscle since you're also lifting. Trying taking some body fat measurements to see if it went down from the last time you checked it.

In general, apart from newbies to lifting and teenage boys it is very unlikely anybody is gaining muscle on a calorie defecit -

although if she's at maintenance she may be body recomping and gaining muscle incredibly slowly but I would doubt it would offset fat loss in a short time
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    As all the others have said you know what you need to do, you just have to do it... Set your goals to half a pound a week -250 a day, stick to this and weigh everything so you know your logging is as accurate as possible. I would suggest only eat back half your exercise burns or none at all. The weight will then come off - slowly but it will work!