Jonny Straws (personal trainer)

Options
Hi everyone!
I am following an online trainer named Jonny Straws on Instagram, I'm sure some of you guys have heard of him. I was wondering if anyone of you guys are his clients and if so maybe we can chat about the different stuff he recommends for you. All the clients he has shows amazing progress within as little as 1-5 weeks. What he's asking for his help is just too expensive for me at the moment. :(

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Online? Showing amazing progress? So you're seeing it by photos right? Photoshop / posing / lighting etc

I wouldn't pay for an online PT service, the benefit of a PT is that they are there with you pushing you / correcting your form / adapting your programme / motivating you

There are a million and one programmes that are completely free

I'd recommend a progressive lifting programme like stronglifts 5x5 or ice cream fitness, strong curves or NROLFW

Or go for nerdfitness.com beginners bodyweight
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    IF your goal is weight loss too (and not just fitness) then CICO and accurate calorie logging on your MFP diary (also free)
  • cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
  • cassandrag93
    Options
    That's why I haven't went out of my way to really get the money to pay him. But I see these girls results and look at their personal page and am completely shocked. Here I am struggling to lose one pound and they are over there losing inches and weight. I just started the 5x5 strong lifts the other night, hoping that helps me out
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Look at the MFP success stories board

(look at my profile shot - I was bursting out of a UK 16 (US 12) this time last year, my trousers are a UK 10 (US 6)

just saying
  • cassandrag93
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Look at the MFP success stories board

(look at my profile shot - I was bursting out of a UK 16 (US 12) this time last year, my trousers are a UK 10 (US 6)

just saying

Thanks! I will look at the stories.
    Congratulations on your success, btw.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    You know if you could easily spare the money and it was something you wanted to do I wouldn't stand in your way. (I do actually use a real life Personal trainer but he's not crucial to success)

But there's so much free resource out there and help on these boards you can access for free if you want it

If it's weight loss it is about the kitchen mainly - get your calorie defecit right and the weight will come off

The fitness part is excellent for body composition, maintaining as much LBM as possible as you lose the lbs. But you can't out-exercise a bad diet

Starting stronglifts is a great step to an amazing, tight body once the body fat has melted away

you've got this
  • oshy85
    oshy85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started with Jonny 3 weeks ago but have not logs a single pound or inch. Just lost a lot of money on the program and groceries. I should have done more research before signing up but I was amazed by the success stories I saw on his IG account. I'm going to give it another week or so. Also I did some IG research and found the same meals being given to other people. So I'm not sure how 'individualized' the program is. The program might work for some but not all.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    listen to rabbitjb ....
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    mehdg8qo68tm.jpg
    yuou510h0ldg.jpg
    y9mmhannlb01.jpg

Wow, I guess I've been doing it wrong!
    snort
  • cassandrag93
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will definitely do more research on personal trainers if I decide to pay for one.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I messaged him awhile back to find out what he charges, and what that comes with. I couldn't believe the cost. There is no way I could pay that, especially considering it is just online and via phone/text.
    I still follow him on IG though, because he's very easy in the eyes! Lol
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Why does Jonny Straws sound so much like a Mafia nickname?

"Listen, the Big Man says it's all comin' down tonight, you in or ain't ya? It's gonna be me, Big Petey, Mikey, Al Two Times and Jonny Straws."
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I messaged him awhile back to find out what he charges, and what that comes with. I couldn't believe the cost. There is no way I could pay that, especially considering it is just online and via phone/text.

How much?

• tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

How much?

$300 per month.
  • KingoftheLilies
    KingoftheLilies Posts: 71 Member
    Options

How much?

$300 per month.

This is fairly standard for guys giving "coaching" online. It's a massive rip-off, ultimately, they're giving you information you can get for free anywhere else (as someone said earlier) and the results you will get are obviously no better.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    $300 a month for an ONLINE trainer?! I am in the wrong field....
  • Sued0nim
    Options

How much?

$300 per month.

That's more than my rather expensive RL PT. :open_mouth:
  • jillianedwards
    jillianedwards Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Online? Showing amazing progress? So you're seeing it by photos right? Photoshop / posing / lighting etc

I wouldn't pay for an online PT service, the benefit of a PT is that they are there with you pushing you / correcting your form / adapting your programme / motivating you

There are a million and one programmes that are completely free

I'd recommend a progressive lifting programme like stronglifts 5x5 or ice cream fitness, strong curves or NROLFW

Or go for nerdfitness.com beginners bodyweight

Oh my god, i have never heard of nerdfitness.com before but their program you can pay for looks so cool!!!!! Definitely going to have to give that a try sometime!!