celiac dieter

Options
Hi I'm nikki and ready to lose weight. I'm celiac I find it hard to know what to eat to lose weight, free from food are high in sugars and fat. Any tips would be grateful

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Celiac is tough. You can add me for support.
  • MindySm
    MindySm Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I went gf due to migraines (gf already so too late to test-migraines were gone, didn't want them back) then found out my father has celiac....I also found out, from hives and itchy mouth, that I have a wheat allergy!

I can give ideas! Add me! ;)
  • mistygashgoers
    mistygashgoers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have gluten allergy and find it so hard to diet. Tips please. Add me.
  • ndegravelles
    ndegravelles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have Celiac too and I'm in the same boat as you all, add me if you want so we can help each other out haha
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not celiac but I have to be on a fodmap diet (no wheat, among lots of other things) due to severe ibs/gerd and tummy issues. It's restrictive for some things, but the gluten-free aspect is hard. It's actually not the gluten but the wheat that I can't have. Would love more friends that understand how difficult it can be, to eat out, recipes, etc :) Anyone can add me!
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Stop relying on free-from foods and start eating more natural foods (meat/veg/fruit/dairy etc etc)

Free-from foods are often worse than the "real thing".

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    There is a great gluten free group on here. I stick to mainly home made items which helps alot.