My Fit Foods 21 Day Challenge

Options
LLduds
LLduds Posts: 258 Member
I'm starting today! Anyone else out there doing the same (or with a history of participating)?
I've lost 20 lbs since early-mid March on my own, now looking to this challenge for some better variety in food options to keep my losses going. Would love to hear from anyone else who is on board!

Replies

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Haven't heard of it before-details please :)

eta: just looked it up and couldn't get past the 'revive metabolism' and 'healthy detox' claims. Yeah, gonna pass on this lol.
  • LLduds
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It's really just prepackaged meals (but more "homemade/fresh" than JC/WW/Medifast/etc) with support from a nutritionist. There are weekly weigh-ins and body fat measurements. They want you to avoid booze, caffeine, and artificial sweeteners. They sell supplements but I told them I'm a physician and already have that covered and they were cool w/it. I'm lazy when it comes to meal prep so I love having someone plan out my meals and make sure I'm within my caloric and nutrient goals :)
  • LLduds
    Options
    Oh and the detox part is some concoction you drink every morning to help support your liver. Its cranberry juice, lemon, B-12, and apple cider vinegar. I told them that sounds silly but easy/cheap to make so whatevs :) I'm in this for the food they make and the weekly weigh-in/measures....not going to throw the baby out with the bath water.
  • juzzdawg
    juzzdawg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for it yesterday. I'm scheduled to begin Tuesday Morning. I picked up my supplements early and tried that concoction this morning.... I couldn't stomach the Apple Cider Vinegar so I just left that out.

I started my journey on weight loss on April 6th, and to date I have lost 20#, I'm hoping the challenge will cause a more rapid downturn as well. I have been eating My Fit Foods for two weeks already, but I like the idea of having my meals picked out and just read my personal menu every morning.

Because I have a smart scale, my nutritionist will use those measurements instead of the scale at the store because I measure every morning before I eat or drink anything.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    So, what happens on Day 22?

Not gonna lie, if I found out my doctor was using one of these scam diets I'd be out of that office pretty quick-smart.

And anyone who has lost 20lbs since April 6 does NOT need to be losing any faster!
  • LLduds
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    So, what happens on Day 22?

Not gonna lie, if I found out my doctor was using one of these scam diets I'd be out of that office pretty quick-smart.

And anyone who has lost 20lbs since April 6 does NOT need to be losing any faster!

How is it a "scam diet"? It's just nutritious meals that are prepared for you so you don't have to cook them yourself. The food is good and the staff make sure you are eating within your caloric/nutrient goals.

The "21 Day Challenge" is just to introduce the customer to My Fit Foods. You can buy as many individual servings as you like without doing the challenge or after completing it; it is meant to help with lifestyle change (convenient healthy food). The challenge itself is free (including each meeting with the nutritionist); you just pay for the meals (which range from $5-7 in my selections).

The are no drugs/pills, no quick fixes, and they encourage healthy activity/exercise. I'm not sure how any of that constitutes a "scam"; could you please elaborate on which aspect piqued your concern?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    To really have a life style change people should learn 'meal prep' and how to cook the meals on their own- that's what would really be beneficial.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    To really have a life style change people should learn 'meal prep' and how to cook the meals on their own- that's what would really be beneficial.

This !!
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I was just curious. I like making my own food, but thought I'd check out the selections. The default meals are for "small", but when I selected "regular" the calorie count did not change. So, how do you get the count for a "regular" sized meal? http://www.myfitfoods.com/OrderOnline/OrderItems.aspx
  • LLduds
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    I was just curious. I like making my own food, but thought I'd check out the selections. The default meals are for "small", but when I selected "regular" the calorie count did not change. So, how do you get the count for a "regular" sized meal? http://www.myfitfoods.com/OrderOnline/OrderItems.aspx

You click the "regular" button at the top of the particular item, and the price/nutritional info will change.
  • LLduds
    Options

So buying some of my meals when my schedule is overwhelming somehow translates into me having no ability to cook or knowledge of food prep? I've already lost 20 lbs preparing my own foods, so thanks for your concern, but not really a problem. I'd just like some healthy options for when my career is too busy to allow for much variety in the kitchen. It doesn't have to be all or nothing as long as you make healthy choices. In fact, there are plenty of people who don't cook at all and are capable of making healthy choices. Maybe that isn't an option for you, but that doesn't negate it.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    juzzdawg wrote: »
    I just signed up for it yesterday. I'm scheduled to begin Tuesday Morning. I picked up my supplements early and tried that concoction this morning.... I couldn't stomach the Apple Cider Vinegar so I just left that out.

I started my journey on weight loss on April 6th, and to date I have lost 20#, I'm hoping the challenge will cause a more rapid downturn as well. I have been eating My Fit Foods for two weeks already, but I like the idea of having my meals picked out and just read my personal menu every morning.

Because I have a smart scale, my nutritionist will use those measurements instead of the scale at the store because I measure every morning before I eat or drink anything.

Faster than 20lbs in 3 weeks?!? o_O

I have a few My Fit Foods by me and they're great for picking up a meal or two if you're crunched for time. The food is good but expensive. $10-11 for a small portion so I would imagine the cost for eating nothing but their food for 21 days would be exorbitant. Not to mention unnecessary. Can't imagine why someone would want to pay to eat nothing but their food for 21 days especially if it requires listening to them talk about their detox BS. Not sure how this helps with a lifestyle change unless you're planning on living off their food forever.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LLduds wrote: »

So buying some of my meals when my schedule is overwhelming somehow translates into me having no ability to cook or knowledge of food prep? I've already lost 20 lbs preparing my own foods, so thanks for your concern, but not really a problem. I'd just like some healthy options for when my career is too busy to allow for much variety in the kitchen. It doesn't have to be all or nothing as long as you make healthy choices. In fact, there are plenty of people who don't cook at all and are capable of making healthy choices. Maybe that isn't an option for you, but that doesn't negate it.

You're right I'm lucky that I do have time to pre-plan my meals and make them myself.