Getting back on MFP and need support

Options
Hi all,
I've been off MFP for about 2 months and now want to get my diet seriously on track. I'm an organic, sustainable foods, health conscious eater, but it doesn't necessarily mean that weight loss has been my fortune. I really struggle taking off the excess 30 lbs that sneakily distributes itself around my 6' frame, making sticking to my goals so difficult. Some days I'm like "oh I'm fine, what the heck" and other days I'm asking myself why I just can't stick to my goals and take off the extra weight for good. So, yeah, I need help! Encouragement and positive motivation.

I just finished a 30 day bikram yoga challenge, and am looking to get running again. I think running--with a balanced diet-- is the only true sustainable thing that's worked for me in the past.

Anyhow add me if you see some compatability. Thanks!

Replies

• runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm on a mission to lose 20 pounds, am a runner and a yogi, I'll friend ya!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Are you setting your goals too aggressively? What is your aim for pounds per week. If you went with the maximum of 2, perhaps you're finding it too restrictive to stick to a low calorie # per day and then you get frustrated and go way over. If that is the situation - try 1 or 1.5 pounds instead. More calories per day, but still at a deficit.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    As for running - I'm a beginner there myself. Not sure I'll ever feel like I'm more than a beginner, but being more regular in my training is helping. I've also found that having an event to train for is a big motivator. So find something (check active.com) local to you, be it a 5k or more, and sign up.