Nutri-Grain Bars (suck)

Options
These things are garbage. When I was trying to lose weight, they were one of the first things I turned my back on. They don't taste very good, and on top of that they were a tricky thing to get into my macros.

Now I'm trying to bulk and I eat two a morning with peanut butter on them as a pre-breakfast breakfast so i can get a jump start on all of these calories.

And they still suck.

I just think it's weird how, if you've ever been in a heavy weight loss mindset, some of that stuff really sticks with you. I'm not thrilled that I "get" to eat these now and frankly I'll be just a little happier when I get to the point where I don't have to rely on them to get me where I'm going.

But there's a big box of them at work and they're free so it's hard to beat the price.

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I agree, those bars suck and taste so fake. Always hated them. Maybe you can talk to HR about getting a better tasting snack? Especially if others at your job feel the same.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    These things are garbage. When I was trying to lose weight, they were one of the first things I turned my back on. They don't taste very good, and on top of that they were a tricky thing to get into my macros.

Now I'm trying to bulk and I eat two a morning with peanut butter on them as a pre-breakfast breakfast so i can get a jump start on all of these calories.

And they still suck.

I just think it's weird how, if you've ever been in a heavy weight loss mindset, some of that stuff really sticks with you. I'm not thrilled that I "get" to eat these now and frankly I'll be just a little happier when I get to the point where I don't have to rely on them to get me where I'm going.

But there's a big box of them at work and they're free so it's hard to beat the price.

You're doing it wrong. Poptarts! :tongue:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I agree, those bars suck and taste so fake. Always hated them. Maybe you can talk to HR about getting a better tasting snack? Especially if others at your job feel the same.

Yep. Like PopTarts B)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating food you hate? Even free I don't eat food I hate. Find something you like and eat that. If you don't have issues with sodium, go with a Pop-Tart + PB sammich for breakfast (about 600 cals, depends on what PT and PB you use).
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Uch I know they are free but bleck! :s Bulking or not..life is too short to waste on crappy tasting food
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    pop tarts are good ! Nutrigrain bars are kinda okay but 1 thing i hate about them is they dont fill me up , poptarts on the other hand fill up a little better and ofc they taste better with much more variety ... they will also help to spike ur calories lol 1 whole package with 2 in it is between 380-400 cals
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Man even with the peanut butter? I would have thought that would fix EVERYTHING.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Nutrigrain bars don't fill me up at all. I could eat the whole box and still be hungry (and then get fat, blah).
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Nutrigrain bars don't fill me up at all. I could eat the whole box and still be hungry (and then get fat, blah).
    same here .. i'd think they'd fill me up after eating a few but it aint happening lol
  • eileen1929
    eileen1929 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't like Nutri-grain either. But I do like Nature Valley,loads of sugar so use them when going Hypo. I'm diabetic.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    There's no fixing nutrigrain bars – although the pop tart sandwiches sound incredible
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you hate them then start eating bagels or something....
  • keithcw_the_first
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    if you hate them then start eating bagels or something....

I've been throwing some PB&J into the mix, but I'm a sucker for free office snacks. Next time someone brings bagels, I'ma eat those bagels.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat something you don't like? You sound like my brother, I have watched him, literally, boaking while trying to eat a breakfast he didn't like.

Have something else?
  • keithcw_the_first
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    Why would you eat something you don't like? You sound like my brother, I have watched him, literally, boaking while trying to eat a breakfast he didn't like.

Have something else?

That's an interesting theory.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Boston Cream Toaster Strudel..