need to fit in exercise

I want to start working out again. I don't know if I should just go walking or join a yoga studio or gym? The weather is nice so I could go outside....

Replies

• snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 649 Member
    Why can't you do all these things?
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Find what you enjoy and go with that. I do a variety.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    You could start with walking and still try different things to see what you really enjoy. I like to mix things up, find what works for you.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    I do whatever interests me for that day. Sometimes I just walk. Sometimes I go for a swim or water jog. Other times I run up tall hills or go running/ jogging for hours. Sometimes I dance around in my underwear or just do some planks, jumping jacks, crunches and squats at home. The other day, I just walked on the treadmill for 40 mins while watching TV. Yesterday, I ran after my kid at the park, played on some playground equipment and speed walked all around this one neighborhood to see how many houses had dogs in their yards for over an hour (so much fun). Joining a gym and taking up classes like yoga or zumba would be motivational because you'd want to go since you're paying for it! Do whatever makes you move.
  • morganmt
    morganmt Posts: 18 Member
    Do what you like! You'll stick with a form of exercise you enjoy. I love all kinds of exercise but lately I have been loving the variety I get from doing at-home workout DVDs. It allows me to do cardio and lift weights in my living room without having to pay a gym membership fee!
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    morganmt wrote: »
    Do what you like! You'll stick with a form of exercise you enjoy. I love all kinds of exercise but lately I have been loving the variety I get from doing at-home workout DVDs. It allows me to do cardio and lift weights in my living room without having to pay a gym membership fee!

This is a perfect example...just find whatever you will actually DO, whether its gym, outside, home, it doesnt matter if you won't actually do it.