Goblet Squats (back pain)

Options
I've been subbing goblet squats for uh, heavier back squats. But I go super low in an attempt to make up some of the difference.

Anyway, I feel like I'm still not giving my back enough time to recover. I do squats on S/M, and then W is bodyweight stuff; planks, rollouts, assorted pushup modifications.

How do you get your back ready to go for the next session of squats?

Bonus question: If you're constantly pickup up a baby and putting them into a car seat, that can't be helping right?

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Your back should not hurt from squats, certainly not to the point of needing days for recovery. Maybe there is something off with your form? Can you look at yourself in a mirror from the side or get a video of yourself? Or ask someone to check your form? My guess would be you are rounding your back to "hug" the dumbbell. I do not know if I am weird, because I have heard the opposite from others, but I find it easier to keep good form with dumbbell squats over goblet squats.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'll have my wife check the next time we're at the gym. I just feel like my back is getting hit hard at every workout and it just isn't getting time to recover.