Lost 50 pounds, setting a new goal.

Options
warriorx
warriorx Posts: 5 Member
So, I have dieted and ran like a mad man for a almost a couple of months now and went from 210 to 160 and now I'm thinking of dropping another 15-20 on top of that. The lowest i ever weighed was 155 I'm 5'6, but that was years ago in HS and I never thought I would ever go back down this low. It has been a drastic change, but now i feel more energetic and I do fall of the wagon every now and then, but when I do I just run a little harder the next day. I am surprised of how resilient our bodies can be. I feel like it is just a matter of having the right attitude and putting the extra effort.

Sometimes I lie to myself in the morning just to get me going out of bed, like I would say to myself I'll just run for 10-12 minutes and walk for the rest of the hour, but in that little amount of time my body just warms up and can just keep going. To this day I have not skipped any of my exercise sessions.

Replies

• Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Nice Work! I love the "lie to yourself" part. If I convince myself that I am not going to do it but then do it anyway. Great way to keep going!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Very nice! congratz!
  • warriorx
    warriorx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well from the beginning my goal was to run 1.5 miles under 12 minutes and now that I can actually run that I can lie to myself that if I just run that It would be enough to justify slacking off, but after I run that my body is just too warmed up to stop.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!