What is your weekend plan of attack??

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm like 10x more active on weekends than I am on week days...I just don't really worry about it...I really don't do much different save for drinking more beer...but like I said...waaaaaayyyy more active on weekends...like pretty much non-stop on my feet and moving.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I actually usually don't eat much on the weekends. I have to remind myself to eat lunch or I'd end up only eating dinner that day and try to put as many calories into that one meal. I usually do poorly during the week because of work and home stresses. It's strange.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I never worry about the weekends as it's a rare weekend that it is even possible for me to go over my calorie count. On Saturdays and Sundays, I can really let out all the pent up energy from during the week. So my weekends are super active. This weekend: Friday -- ran 6.35 miles, 12 miles on the stationary bike, regular breakfast and lunch, dinner out with friends and will eat enough so that I can ride hard, swim and lift strong tomorrow. Saturday -- 62 hilly mile ride at fast pace, open water swim session, weights, eat whatever I want. Sunday -- 12 mile kayak trip, either dance class or 30 mile cycling, eat whatever I want. TGIF!
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Already looked up what I can have for dinner tonight when we go out. It's just Burger King, but we have coupons and haven't gone out to eat anywhere since March.
    Saturday: hit the farmers markets for some produce!
    Sunday: Plan my menu for next week and go grocery shopping!
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    A couple bottles of wine, cheese and crackers...just kidding. But I will indulge a bit and enjoy but make sure it all fits within my calories...

awww, wine, cheese and crackers NOT in friggin moderation sound so good! They suit the gray weather approaching over here. But yeah, I too will indulge just a bit... staying within the beloved deficit = ). (I've gone over enough lately, hehe.) Thank goodness for tea!!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm maintaining now, but on Weekends is when i eat the most (careful not to go over 2200 cals).
    Saturday i'll have a light Breakfast & Lunch then for dinner maybe Fish and Chips or Pizza and Daim Bar Ice Cream ( <3 ) for Dessert. Rest day, No Exercise
    Sunday will be a light Breakfast & Lunch again, with a 'Sunday Roast'.... Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes, a little Spicy Rice, Veg and Gravy.
    Will do Cardio for an Hour on Sunday.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nobody is going to say anything about Mint Juleps? Helllooo? First Saturday in May???
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    1) Have several drinks tonight with a delicious dinner, log it all.
    2) Walk a vigorous 5K first thing tomorrow morning.
    3) Throw a straight-up Taco Bell grub at lunch, log it.
    4) Probably have several more drinks, log them.
    5) Eat a light but tasty dinner, log it.
    6) Profit.
    7) Relax and eat sensibly on Sunday, log it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10151119/gonna-be-a-fun-rest-of-the-week#latest

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Weekends have been my downfall in weight loss, so I am tightening up my weekends. I have just been too lax in my counting on weekends and it causes me to roller coaster with my weight, so I made a promise to myself last week and for the next six weeks, I am going to have no "cheat" meals, not okay myself to go over my calorie goal and count everything. I just want to see what I am really capable of and confirm (what I already know) that I have been sabotaging my efforts with my weekend "indulgences". I am always so good through the week and then the weekend messes it all up.

- Tonight is chicken fajita bowls with cilantro lime rice and homemade fresh salsa. I have planned for a skinny margarita though.
    - Tomorrow will probably be my typical poached egg, asparagus and ciabatta breakfast, light lunch, lots of water and leftovers from tonight, but I have a lot of activity planned (lots of working in the yard and then an evening bicycle date with the husband).
    - Sunday will be similar to Saturday but chicken parm casserole for dinner with a salad.

In general, my weekend is busy and I already have a huge to do list going, so it should be easy to stay on track. It is when I get bored that bad things happen.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The weather is supposed to be perfect this weekend. I plan on using part of it to put some mileage on the bicycle. In terms of food, I tend to under eat when I'm riding a lot.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I will do what I do any other day. I prelog my whole day the night before or in the morning. I have dinners planned for the whole month so I just pick one from the list for the day. If I am going to eat out I know about it in advance and look up my choices.
    I exercise about 30 minutes a day unless it is my rest day.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I have a dinne date tonight and will be logging everything I eat and drink.

Tomorrow, going to the beach, then watching Kentucky derby, then having a cookout and then watching Mayweahter fight...

Sunday - grocery shopping, yard work, recovering, and game of thrones...

food and alcohol will be logged...I may go over one day and be under the next, but no big deal...

• illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This weekend I have family coming down to visit, so I'll be eating a bit richer food than what I would normally cook for myself. However I also have a 5k tomorrow, so hopefully that will help to offset some of the extra calories I may take in. Depending on how I feel after that, I may get some extra walking in on Sunday after they head home. Any overages will just have to be adjusted for, and life goes on :)
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I'm much less disciplined on the weekends. I've been using the following strategies to help with that:

1. I don't let the 'Weekend' start until Saturday night at dinner. We usually go out to eat as a family that night and then. Even when we do go out I try not to go crazy. Sometimes I do... but that's not the norm anymore.

2. I try to stay away from my house on the weekends. While I'd love to lay at home on the couch, that leads to eating. I've tried to fill my weekends with anything that involves me not being inside my house.

3. I've built a larger deficit into my "weekdays" to compensate for the fact that I tend to eat more calories on the weekends. Admittedly, I am hungry when Friday comes and a little cranky.

It's been working for me.

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the menu online of the restaurant I'm going to tomorrow. Mostly pasta, some fish and chicken dishes. It isn't a chain, so there is no calorie count. I have no idea what I'll chose or how I'll estimate the calories, but I'm thinking whatever I get, I should probably just eat half since I'm sure almost any entree will be at least 1000 calories (at home, dinner is usually 300-400 calories, but I would be ok with 500-700 for a special occasion, and that includes a glass or two of wine).
    I was thinking a simple whole wheat pasta with shrimp, arugla, and tomato sauce might be light. Or the salmon dish. Or the margherita pizza, but not too much. Decisions!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This is the last weekend of my cut, yay!

Tonight will be chicken enchiladas that I'll make at home followed up with some jell-o and whipped cream for dessert. Going to bed early, as usual.

Saturday is refeed day. I plan to eat a chicken, egg, and cheese bagel and a fruit cup from Chick-fil-A for breakfast along a venti Skinny Vanilla Iced Latte from Starbucks, a Hook & Ladder Light sub and baked BBQ Lays chips from Firehouse for lunch, and a little bacon cheeseburger with fries from Five Guys for dinner. 2150 calories of delicious goodness. We've got grocery shopping, an oil change, and two vet appointments going on that day.

Sunday I'll be tanning by the pool in the morning and cleaning/laundry/relaxing for the rest of the day. Meals will consist of protein waffles with peanut butter and syrup for breakfast, a tortilla pizza for lunch, probably a rice cake with some cream cheese on it as a snack, and homemade chili with crackers for lunch. Oh, and a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest bar...baked at 375 for 7 minutes and broiled to slightly brown the top. Mmmm...

Yes, I am an obsessive pre-logger and planner. :smile: Now, next weekend will be epic. The weekend after a cut is always a sight to see.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Just cooked six pork chops to freeze. My dog has been going crazy.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    I just looked at the menu online of the restaurant I'm going to tomorrow. Mostly pasta, some fish and chicken dishes. It isn't a chain, so there is no calorie count. I have no idea what I'll chose or how I'll estimate the calories, but I'm thinking whatever I get, I should probably just eat half since I'm sure almost any entree will be at least 1000 calories (at home, dinner is usually 300-400 calories, but I would be ok with 500-700 for a special occasion, and that includes a glass or two of wine).
    I was thinking a simple whole wheat pasta with shrimp, arugla, and tomato sauce might be light. Or the salmon dish. Or the margherita pizza, but not too much. Decisions!

don't stress over it too much ...

an important part of the lifestyle change is learning that it is OK to go out to dinner and enjoy the evening with family and friends and no worry so much about calorie count. IF the item is not list then I would suggest trying to fin something that is close in the MFP database and going with that.

or go with a grilled item that does not have a lot of sauce on it....

• machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Weekends are like my week days I will be working but Saturday when I leave work I plan on indulging in lots of festive beverages (beer for those that don't use the phrase festive beverages). I won't worry about my calories because to get to our lake I have lots of walking to get unloaded at our cabin. Once I get unloaded then my pontoon boat is a peddle boat so I will burn more calories than I consume just by enjoying myself!