Weight Loss

Options
Has My Fitness Pal helped you lose weight. I have been doing weight Watchers but want to just use M.F.P. and see how I do. How much have you lost and in what amount of time with M.F.P......and have you switched from other programs and had MORE success here. Thanks in advance for leaving comments :)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of everything I thought I knew about dieting from weightwatchers, slimming world, newspapers, magazines, friends etc

Focusing on calories only ...weighing, logging accurately using MFP ..averaging across the week

Moving more ...walking and lifting and gym workouts

And committing every single day to do it

That's what helped me lose weight, and now maintain it
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I tried to do Weight Watchers and MFP at the same time but ended up quitting WW after about 2 months. MFP works the best for me because I don't have to worry about translating things into points. I also know that for MYSELF, I cannot stick with a program that has a lot of processed carbs. I take in a lot of protein and dairy so the points system wasn't really working for me. Try both and see which one suits you better. WW is a good plan for a lot of people. Good luck!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Using the app to count my calories has helped me lose weight. I don't think there is anything magical about MFP itself but I think that the tool that is provided is useful.

I've lost 25 pounds with MFP since late April 2014.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    58 pounds gone in 9 months
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18 pounds in 72 days. The calorie counting has helped me lose weight -- MFP tools and the advice on the forums has helped me calorie count effectively.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    60lbs gone in 18 months...doing another small cut to lose vacation weight...but used MFP to maintain for 9 months prior to vacation.
  • tuckertown
    tuckertown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great information everyone...Thanks to each of you. This is very encouraging!