How come my settings aren't right?

Options
My doctor specifically set goals for me, and when I put them in the custom settings it would not register them. Help!
Lo65

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My doctor specifically set goals for me, and when I put them in the custom settings it would not register them. Help!
    Lo65

Did you try a custom setup? We kind of need more information. Like what settings he gave you.
  • Lo65
    Lo65 Posts: 33
    Options
    I did try the custom set up. She wants me on 100g carbs or less per day and loosing 2lbs per week. When I put in these settings, I get my activity calories erased and it still has me losing 1.4lbs a week, which is up from 1.1lbs per week. I figured out how to put the activity calories back in, but how do I get it to give me a recipe for 2lbs weight loss per week?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MFP's 1200 minimum will prevent the goal setting thing going under 1200 calories so that puts a floor under your weight loss in lbs/week. You can set a lower calorie target than 1200 with custom goals.

At http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom you can explicitly dial in a Net calorie target and set your macros to get the carbs right - 40% calories, 35% protein and 25% fats with 1000 calories per day perhaps and look to the bottom right to see what weight loss that gives.

In other words tinker with calories to get the loss rate, % carbs to get your 100g, set protein to 35% and fats will be the rest.

When your carbs and weight loss are correct, then "save goals" is at the bottom of the page (I have to scroll down).
  • soulmatesnvrdie
    Options
    ^^Yes^^ MFP won't adjust your calories under 1200, although I have mine set for 1200. It says I'll lose more like 1.6/1.7lbs per week