I'm trying to get cut and need some meal recipes.

Options
pico109
pico109 Posts: 40 Member
Hi there my name is Allan and I'm 23 years old. So I am looking to get cut and in really good shape. I can admit I'm not in the best shape but I'm getting there. I workout everyday and now I'm starting to build muscle. Now I would like to get nice and toned. The only problem is I heard the meal preparation for someone looking to get cut or toned is different than someone looking to build muscle. You all seem very smart anyone have any meals or recipes for someone in my situation?

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I... How do you define "cut or toned"? How does this differ from "building muscle?"
  • pico109
    Options
    Well I'm not trying to build muscle mass, I'm trying to tone it out. to say I'm not trying to bulk up anymore, now I can't say I know too much about these things but if I want to tone my body I'm pretty sure I have to change my diet and workouts compared to as if I was trying to gain more muscle. hope this makes a little more sense. I'm just as confused as the next person lol
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    Are you referring to bulking and cutting cycles?

If so, people who are bulking usually eat at a calorie surplus, which adds both muscle and fat. Once a desired amount of muscle has been achieved, they switch to cutting, which means eating at a calorie deficit to lose the fat.
  • pico109
    Options
    yup you got it! thanks for that. But now problem I'm having is finding the right meals to eat that won't make me build more muscle or fat. if that makes sense, like I said I'm not too knowledgeable on the cutting aspect.
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    No special meals needed, just eat less calories than you burn! You can log everything you eat in MFP and it will keep track of your calories for you and help you figure out how much to eat.
  • pico109
    Options
    Ah I see, thanks for the help. well I'm usually under my calorie limit so I guess it won't be too much of a problem. Thanks again for your time and for helping me :smiley: