Recipe Makeovers

Options
AMRROL
AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
I am sure this has come up from time to time, but what are some of my fellow MFP'ers recipe makeovers. I am always looking for creative ideas to half the calories and fat from favorite recipes without sacrificing taste and texture. I am getting quite tired of my same old boring standard go to meals that seem to fill my diet. I want more gourmet, without the guilt.

Replies

• colleen_clawson
    colleen_clawson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you track your macronutrients? If so, try out www.rippedrecipes.com. You can narrow down your search to how many grams of protein, carbs and fats you want the recipe to include. It's A-MAZ-ING!
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'll second Skinny Taste! That site helped teach me how to make good healthy substitutions!

Cooking with very little or no oil is a big calorie cutter for me. I've found that a good non-stick pan and splash of water here and there makes it possible! I've also started substituting real rice with cauliflower "rice" for curries, burritos, and some asian dishes. When I'm craving a dense pasta dish, I'll make sure to fill it out with lots of veggies so I can have a single serving of pasta but still feel like I'm stuffing my face.
  • AMRROL
    Options
    Yes, Skinny Taste is an excellent site, but I was looking for some real recipes that my MFP friends have actually made, tasted, and highly recommend as being close to the real deal.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Third skinnytaste.
  • notnikkisixx
    Options
    A few months ago I made a pinterest board for one of my friends with all the healthy recipes I've tried. I also added notes to the pins with suggestions for the recipes or any changes I made. Hope it helps!

https://www.pinterest.com/sherrynicole/recipes-tried-and-true/
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do you track your macronutrients? If so, try out www.rippedrecipes.com. You can narrow down your search to how many grams of protein, carbs and fats you want the recipe to include. It's A-MAZ-ING!

I've not heard of that, so one to browse for me, thanks
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Pinterst, allrecipes, google
  • AMRROL
    Options
    A few months ago I made a pinterest board for one of my friends with all the healthy recipes I've tried. I also added notes to the pins with suggestions for the recipes or any changes I made. Hope it helps!

Thanks so very much. I will check it out. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.
  • notnikkisixx
    Options
    AMRROL wrote: »

Thanks so very much. I will check it out. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

No problem! If you keep following that board I'll try to update it with some more recipes I've tried. Hopefully it will help more people!