Do you wish you had started earlier/younger?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I wish I had been aware of keto in my teens. Probably would have saved me years of battling an eating disorder on and off.
  • gyal3
    gyal3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think everyone wishes they would have started earlier... I try to think of it as "at least I finally started caring." As someone already mentioned, hindsight is 20/20.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Do you wish you had started being aware of calories earlier in your life or
    are you glad that you had some years that you were unaware about how much you weighed
    I've always been aware of how much I weighed, how bad I looked, and to some degree how bad I felt.

I do wish that I'd learned much earlier (like, at least as an early teen, or at latest my first year in undergrad)
    how to figure out a healthy calorie level, enjoy exercise, how much food 'costs' in terms of calories, how
    to make good/healthy choices... basically how not to get fat in the first place, so I wouldn't have this huge
    struggle on my hands now to get back to a healthy weight.

If someone could have explained to me how awful I'd feel being more than 100 lb overweight, I would
    not have gotten fat in the first place!
    Then again, maybe I just wasn't ready (mentally)? I mean, 100 lb isn't something which happens overnight.
    I knew I was fat, just didn't have the motivation / energy to do something about it, nor the belief that I
    actually _could_ change my life for the better.

51637601.png
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I do wish I had been aware of how many calories I should have been eating back when I got my driver's license. That's when fast food became a regular thing instead of every once in a while, and I was already on the heavy side (now, I AM the heavy side). I probably still would have eaten it, but not in an uncotrolled manner like I was.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yes because then I wouldn't have all that loose skin. No because well... I really enjoyed being able to eat what I wanted without worrying about it.

But now I'm older and I guess it's time to do the responsible thing, even if it sucks.
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wish I had learned about CICO (Including TDEE, NEAT etc) but at the end of the day I gained the weight for a reason, and that was becoming content after getting engaged. I now am in a place where I want lose the weight to better myself, be more healthy etc.
    I'd rather be starting now, than not at all. and in my younger years I don't think id have the discipline or drive i do now.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes. Tools like MFP make it so much easier. I remember writing calories in a notepad when I was pregnant with my eldest over 22 years ago.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I've always battled with my weight, ever since about 12 years old. I wish that I'd had a period in my adult life when I'd actually not needed to worry about what I ate and how I looked. If I could go back and change anything, it would be to be more active and get good at a sport.