squats and burned calories

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
I've just started doing squats everyday, with a rest day every 3-4 days. I'm not using weights, just my own bodyweight.
Currently I'm up to 150 a day. Is this worth adding into my exercise diary, or are the calories I'm burning negligible?

I've tried adding them into my exercise diary, but get 0 calories burned. I know there is a way around this, but haven't figured it out yet!

Should I bother logging them. Yay or nay? Btw I'm 140lbs

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'd say no. But I don't even log when I'm squatting 180. I think you'd find it to be very negligible.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Yeah I thought so. Burning quads don't always equal burning calories :tongue:
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm not as knowledgeable as more experienced members, but I'd also say nay. I find that some users are too prone to log calories burnt for every little thing... but in my opinion I'd just leave them be. Have them as a nice little back up for any unintended calorie underestimates, you know?

The benefits of squats are better looking legs, glutes, more strength, etc... but it's not like cardio where the calories burnt are significant (and even then I kinda tend to ignore them *gasp*). Maybe getting adequate protein intake would be something to consider, along with trying to get enough rest and sleep... but you probably know more than me on those matters = )
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    Yeah I thought so. Burning quads don't always equal burning calories :tongue:

hahaha burning quads indeed!!

Well, I can see the matter was already covered, lol.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Hehe no worries Sophia :+1:

Man, I wish I could get a full nights sleep and actually sleep in now and then!
    I'm always reading how important adequate sleep is for weight loss. If it's really that important, I'm screwed :cry:
  • SophiaSerrao
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hehe no worries Sophia :+1:

Man, I wish I could get a full nights sleep and actually sleep in now and then!
    I'm always reading how important adequate sleep is for weight loss. If it's really that important, I'm screwed :cry:

Yeah, I bet that -for whatever reasons- getting a good night's sleep is a universal struggle =/

Unfortunately, I've found that the weeks where I show the most progress on the scale AND the way my body looks is when I manage to sleep a good 8 hours. And when I don't get much sleep for several days straight... I get the most annoying belly bloat. Kinda sucks.

However, I don't know how significant it all is in the long run. I'm not sure if the lack of sleep just "stalls" the process a bit or if it's flat out detrimental to our efforts =(
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well calories or no calories, at 150 squats a day I'm pretty sure those burning quads are going to be accompanied by smokin' hot glutes.

Wow, that's dedication!

:drinker:
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Well calories or no calories, at 150 squats a day I'm pretty sure those burning quads are going to be accompanied by smokin' hot glutes.

Wow, that's dedication!

:drinker:

Thanks Hun xx

It's amazing, I've gone from completely sedentary to walking over 10 miles per day, plus adding in those squats!
    All thanks to my fitbit. If nothing else, it has motivated me to get off my butt :drinker: