When to start exercising after illness

Options
I have been off work for two weeks, with flu, sinus and middle ear infection. I had started the C25K and was also doing zumba twice a week, but due to being so ill I have not exercised for two weeks nearly three. I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice as to how to go about getting back into exercising again. Should I drop down a week in the C25K and start from there, then gradually introduce the zumba back in or am I ok to start doing it all again. So desperate to get back to my exercise again, so any advice given would be great. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Go with how you feel. Hop on the treadmill, start walking. Feel ok? Add in your run interval. Feel crappy, back off. Don't feel crappy, keep going. Same with Zumba. It's ok to start a workout and stop if you're not feeling 100% or do it with less intensity.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I will try next week bring back my running and see how I feel, then add in the zumba if I'm ok.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I got sick a few times when I did c25k. Sometimes I'd go back a week or two. Sometimes I felt like I could keep going where I was. Depends on how you personally feel about it.