help

Options
Don't even know where to get started. Please help

Replies

• Carolyn_Carolyn_Carolyn
    Options
    Try to develop the habit of logging every day. It really helps to get an idea of the calories you're taking in. Surround yourself with good MFpals and communicate with them. I'm on MFP each day and try to like or comment on my friends' posts. Add me if you like.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Workout your goals first.
    Then work out your activity levels and stats.
    Enter into mfp to get a vague idea of calorie goals.
    Try these goals for a month, stick to it 100% check progress, edit calories as required.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    First thing you need clear goal in mind. Think in long term. Don't make yourself an excuses. IF you want something you go for it. If you don't want you start making excuses. Strong will is made when you go straight for your objective. If you're not convinced about your goal then it will be hard and you will quit halfway. Generally eat more vegetables and stuff with fibers they will fill you up. OBviously log your food and buy yourself a kitchen scale. Avoid processed food, some stuff that are in it kills your gut bacteria. There was experiments on it on mice and mice that was eating some of additives added in processed food was gaining a lot weight even when eating healthy food. Gut bacteria are very important.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @jharmon10311031 Listen to @kickassbarbie and @Carolyn_Carolyn_Carolyn

Developing good habits is a MUST!

I can NOT overemphasize the need for a food scale and a set of measuring cups. Once you get those and get in the habit of using them, you will realize just HOW MANY calories you were eating before.

I love my food scale. It shows me just how much I can REALLY eat throughout the day.