Absolutely Terrified

Options
reinekaos
reinekaos Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a recovered anorexic, and after having gained my recovery weight I've continued to gain thanks to injuries preventing my exercise routine. I'm doing a lot better now with my injuries, but I'd really appreciate advice and support so I don't fall back into old habits or give up.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If your profile photo is you, you look great. Good luck! Why are you on MyFitnessPal? Are you trying to maintain your healthy weight?
  • reinekaos
    Options
    I ended up over shooting and continuing to gain, Im 10 pounds over, so I'm trying to get to my 130 goal or bring down my bfp.
  • natalieknyff
    natalieknyff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovered bulimic as well. Gaining weight is so very scary, but I am determined to never fall back into my old ways. I have three young boys to take care of now and they have to be my first priority, not how skinny I am. My goal is now to be healthy, though I think I will always see a fat person when I look in the mirror (although I know I'm not fat...) We have to realize that these things are in our heads and others don't see us in the same way. It's so difficult, but I completely understand your thought process. You can do this!!
  • reinekaos
    Options
    Thank you so much! It's really nice knowing I'm not alone in the recovery anxiety.
    I just want to be healthy. I'm a cna and hopeful nursing student, I can't be focusing on how thin I am when I need to be caring for me patients with my full strength.
  • natalieknyff
    natalieknyff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, we need to be able to focus our energy elsewhere. I'm a teacher and a mama...there are more important things than being a size 0!
  • SamKiler
    SamKiler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I felt myself slipping into my old ED habits about a month into me trying to lose weight. Personally I'm glad I started using this app when I did. Seeing how many calories I've eaten really calms my nerves and helps me eat more.