Diabetes NSV

Options
One year ago today a diabetes screening truck came to work and offered free diabetes tests. I had my finger pricked and the results showed my HbA1c blood sugar level was 6.7% (a test result greater than 6.5% is diabetic or at high risk) 6 months later the testing truck returned and my test result was 6.0%. I just left the testing truck this morning and my result was 5.0% (lower than 5.6% is normal and out of risk of type 2 diabetes). Hooray for me!

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :D This really resonates with me because my wake up call was high blood sugar (mine was at 100, and 101 is considered pre-diabetic). I hope to have good results too when I visit the doctor again in July.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well done :smile:
  • kinzytg
    kinzytg Posts: 42
    Options
    Inspirational! You are now living proof it is so much more than what is on the scale.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is the kind of NSV that really, really matters!!!
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Great job!! My mom is a diabetic and controls it with diet and exercise. One thing she does to help control it is to check her sugar about an hour after adding a new meal to her diet. That way she knows if it's a keeper or not.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Way to go! All your hard work is definitely paying off.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    One of the best NSV I can think of!
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    Outstanding. Congrats.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I think many of us just do not understand the connection between what we eat and what it does to our bodies.

Once we "get" it, it makes it so much easier to correct through proper diet and exercise, than taking a bunch of medications for the rest of our lives.

I hope never to have to go on cholesterol drugs, or high blood pressure pills, because I think it's all relative to what I'm eating.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! great news and an AMAZINGLY GREAT loss! wow. You ROCK. :bigsmile:
  • cvillneauve
    Options
    Nice work!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    That's great!!

I know so many people (including my mom) who get diagnosed with Type 2 and think it's the end all be all.
    This just goes to show that it's never too late to make a change and not be dependent on meds.
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great news! Keep it up. I am an insulin dependent diabetic and can honestly say this is a condition you do not want to manage for the rest of your life.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Woot, woot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!