Replies

• ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So awesome, thanks for sharing.
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Thank you so much for sharing your journey, the charts are quite amazing. It does put the entire journey into perspective and why we shouldn't get so caught up in the day to day and stall out because of a single bad day. Thank you!!!
  • ladieofthebees
    ladieofthebees Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! It's really cool to see someone else who is as much of a data freak as I am! My husband thinks I'm a bit nuts for weighting/logging every day and tells me I'll just "depress" myself, but I actually find it quite fascinating to watch how weight goes up and down - and educational. Now that I weigh every day, the fluctuations actually don't upset me. I'd rather weigh all week and watch a trend than weigh once a week or weigh twice a week and hope THAT happens to be the day my body wants to cooperate. Totally feel you on the sodium spikes - I "gained" 4lbs last Thursday after going out for a big steak dinner the night before...

I record everything in Excel (control freak, I like to record EVERY single metric I can, and I also use it to chart predictions) but I will have to check out this neat little app you use :)

Well done on your weight loss!!
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have found weighing in more frequently very informative (spikes) and it explained why certain days were really bad for sure. now I find weighing in more 'interesting' and less stressful. thanks for giving us hope that if we stick with it we will succeed!
  • gracie11lexi13
    gracie11lexi13 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I wish I could tag people to these because I weigh daily as well and it drives my mom nuts. She thinks people should weigh once or twice a week. I like to weigh daily so if i have a slight gain then I can work harder the next day to get rid of that little weight that was gained or I have noticed trends in what I ate (in moderation at that) and gaining the next morning.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I'm a big proponent of daily weigh-ins and trendlines.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    Wooow, good for you, and congrats on your amazing results! I love your approach and attitude, and I’m a huge fan of data, so :+1::smile:

Funny you should mention spikes, because just last week I gained 5lbs of pure bloat in 2 days (I had cake, so much cake, and takeout). My instinct was to panic, but then I thought: hey, lots of people on MFP say they see big spikes like this too, and I can’t have eaten 17,500 extra calories, no matter how inaccurate my tracking might’ve been. In other words, keeping it real helps keep everyone else on track! So thanks so much for your data, info, and encouragement.

This has been helpful to me as well.
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching goal. I enjoyed reading this post because I'm a slow loser too. But I've been making slow but steady progress since I started in Jan 2014.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Amazing data @257_Lag ; second only to the real accomplishment here. All great work, and thank you for so complete and inspirational of a posting. I plan to return and re-read your success as I continue on my significantly less documented journey.
    excitedapplauseminionsdespicable-me.gif

Well done!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! You have done an amazing job!
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call myself a data freak, but I have a similar chart, and I'm experiencing the same things you have gone through, so it's really reassuring that I'm not a special snowflake! Ironically, my stats are very similar to yours starting out. Outstanding accomplishment, keep up the great work.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    During the drop I absolutely wanted it to go faster but in retrospect I'm glad it took so long. Slow and steady gets the job done and I think will be easier to sustain. I plan to weigh daily the rest of my life.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    congrats. The hard work finally paid off.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    257_Lag wrote: »
    Where did you find the graph that you used? I want to use it! lol I love your idea of weighing. Wake, pee, record! lol

It's a free Android app called Libra but there are many out there like it. You can even use Excel if you don't need anything snazzy :p

I like your graphs. So I'm gonna look into this App. Thanks :blush:

BTW, nice job.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That's do helpful, thank you and well done for your amazing achievement!
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Wonderful progress and wonderful graphs/explanations!
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I use the Libra app and try to weigh in everyday. I have found that helps me know what is happening. Thanks for the great post.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It was very informative esp about the spikes. You've done an excellent job and should be very proud of yourself.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. In a short holding pattern @ 198 and very happy to be here. I chose 185 for my next goal in the upper range of a healthy weight.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!