What are you PROUD of today? What did you do today that was better than yesterday or in the past?

Options
Robb_Lloyd
Robb_Lloyd Posts: 47 Member
This is meant to be a thread to shout your accomplishments. Maybe yesterday you did 19 pushups and today you managed 20. That is an awesome accomplishment. Maybe three weeks ago you ran a 11 minute mile and today you ran it in 10:56. Yep thats another Kick *kitten* achievement! Sometimes it is the little things that keep you going and in this thread I want to hear about it! Your small victories are my motivation and possibly someone else's. So tell me you have avoided soda for three whole weeks (We all know thats hard!). Tell me you did 20 curls with a 10lb weight or that you burned 600 calories on the elliptical at the gym. Maybe you lost one pound on your journey to lose a lot more. I want to hear how freaking great that makes you feel. It takes a lot to lose that pound and you managed to do so! Shout out what you are proud of today knowing that you maybe will be back here telling us about another great accomplishment tomorrow! What are you proud of today?

Replies

• Robb_Lloyd
    Options
    Since I created this thread I guess I should start or at least put one on here. I am proud of the fact that I am sticking to my 30 day challenges. This morning I did 50 squats, 20 Pushups, 20 situps and 30 crunches.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    WTG!

I'll add in as I'm mega proud of myself, put my running shoes back on after 3 months off running and staying in my home gym (First time running in a city ever) and signed up for a run or dye race where they throw packets of dye at you. Hoping the race will keep me motivated while raising some money for a charity I believe in.
  • Robb_Lloyd
    Options
    WTG!

I'll add in as I'm mega proud of myself, put my running shoes back on after 3 months off running and staying in my home gym (First time running in a city ever) and signed up for a run or dye race where they throw packets of dye at you. Hoping the race will keep me motivated while raising some money for a charity I believe in.

To be a bit cheesy that is pretty Kickass! I like signing up for future races as it gives me something to work toward. A sort of cheese at the end thing. Awesome that you got out there and it is only gonna get better. City running is a whole different beast!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I love to run. And I'm proud that my son is showing an aptitude for it too. Yesterday he ran with me; 525 meters in 4:25 and he really enjoyed it. He's not even 5. Proud mama. Proud of him, and proud of myself for instilling healthy behaviour in my child.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    WTG!

Those color runs are a blast. Enjoy!
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Robb_Lloyd wrote: »
    [quote="kickassbarbie;32344166

To be a bit cheesy that is pretty Kickass! I like signing up for future races as it gives me something to work toward. A sort of cheese at the end thing. Awesome that you got out there and it is only gonna get better. City running is a whole different beast!

Lol. I am super cheesy! I'm one of those people who says "if life gives you lemons.." when someone is sad. Cheesy is not always a bad thing.. But lookin forward to getting out and doing it!

Those color runs are a blast. Enjoy

Never heard of them till today! Was going to sell cupcakes that month but running seemed healthier and I love paint dye! I hope they are a blast!
  • Robb_Lloyd
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I love to run. And I'm proud that my son is showing an aptitude for it too. Yesterday he ran with me; 525 meters in 4:25 and he really enjoyed it. He's not even 5. Proud mama. Proud of him, and proud of myself for instilling healthy behaviour in my child.

BinkyBonk that is awesome all the way around. It's a double success story. I love that you are instilling good habits with your son. It can be an inspiration for you and hose around you! Bravo and keep up he great work!
  • 2manypushups
    2manypushups Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    proud that I started #rawtill4 and im going to stick with it as best I can.
  • Robb_Lloyd
    Options
    proud that I started #rawtill4 and im going to stick with it as best I can.

That is a great thing to be proud of! Just making the effort to begin something is a major step. Soon you will be done with it and so thrilled and we will be so inspired by your accomplishments that some of us may try it!
  • Robb_Lloyd
    Options
    Today I am proud of the fact that I went to an awesome rock concert last night (Z
    Z top and Jeff Beck) and stuck to my no alcohol or junk food rule. It was hard but I only drank a water and ate shelled peanuts! Maybe too much sodium there but I will take it!