Ex-smoker battling the "bulge"- help!

Options
Three years ago I conquered my biggest struggle when I finally and forever gave up nicotine in all forms (from cigarettes to gum to patches to NONE). GOOD NEWS: I'm very proud of that and am not even a little tempted to go back. BAD NEWS: in the process I gained about 15 lbs and since then have yoyo'd about 10 lbs up and down, never even approaching my pre-quit weight. Any other ex smokers out there struggling with this? Would love some advice/commiseration....

Replies

• quinnwinn
    quinnwinn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also quit smoking 3 years ago, I lost the weight through lots of exercise and chewing gum. I'm not noticing any effects of smoking anymore affecting my hunger or weight. I just ate a lot of bad foods to gain it back. In the process of losing it again though. Good luck, I just joined FMP a couple of weeks ago and sticking to my calories is helping me out the most.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I quit back in October 2012 using Chantix. Was already pretty hefty at 230 and gained another 20 pounds by christmas. My New Years resolution was to not eat McD's all year and do everything I can to lose the weight. In mid January I found this site and started logging my food and finally realized how many calories I was putting in to my body. February I started running and doing some xtraining and to date I have lost the 20 pounds along with 20 more!!! Just keep on, it is definately a total lifestyle change.