Love handles & tummy

Options
Hi All
My weight is slowly starting to come off again I'm doing lots of excercise including circuits kettle bells spinning & boxing but I can't seem to get my tummy to go down doesn't help with bloating I have most days either
Any advice ?
Or is it just me that struggles ?

Replies

• breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    same here! I just cannot get rid of my belly at any weight! unfortunately you can't spot train and weight will come off where it wants (usually the last place you want :P ). Bloating can be reduced, though.. for some people cutting carbs and salt can help.
  • astridvervoort
    astridvervoort Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Running is a great way to get a flat tummy. :)
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Drink plenty of water, do your cardio and eat less than you burn, it WILL come off eventually. :smile: A gluten free diet can help with bloating, too.
  • Shutterbug1k
    Shutterbug1k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it "actually" helps, but I've noticed that when I mix about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a bottle of water twice a day, it really helps to prevent belly bloat. Could be worth a shot. :smile:
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so cut out spicy meat free food watching my intake I'm on 1100 calories drinking plenty of water. I'll try gluten free as well.
    I do plenty if walking may try walking faster
  • saramatthews919
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The midsection is the hardest area for most people to lose. If you haven't already, I suggest reading the "So you want a nice Stomach" thread that is stickied at the top of the General Diet and Weight loss section of the forums.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Seems like the belly is the last place to go. Most of the work of getting a better mid section is done in the kitchen with the foods you choose to eat. Processed foods, high sodium foods, sugary foods... A lot of exercise and cardio wont do near as good as having a better diet. Green tea is supposed to help as well. I also drink hot water with a lemon wedge every night and every morning to help me detox some of the sodium out.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes. I just had baby #4 and I'm losing weight steadily but my tummy and love handles are still awful. My pants are all baggy in the thighs and butt but I can't go down a size because of the muffin top issue.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Seems like the belly is the last place to go. Most of the work of getting a better mid section is done in the kitchen with the foods you choose to eat. Processed foods, high sodium foods, sugary foods... A lot of exercise and cardio wont do near as good as having a better diet. Green tea is supposed to help as well. I also drink hot water with a lemon wedge every night and every morning to help me detox some of the sodium out.

This is encouraging. I have never in my entire life have had a flat belly. Hundreds of situps and planks....I will try some of these ideas.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Running is a great way to get a flat tummy. :)

Not really.

This is a great way to get a nice tummy though.

• saramatthews919
    Options
    Ugh yes. I just had baby #4 and I'm losing weight steadily but my tummy and love handles are still awful. My pants are all baggy in the thighs and butt but I can't go down a size because of the muffin top issue.

I know this feeling very well I have exactly the same with the sized
  • saramatthews919
    Options
    I will give green tea a try
    Thank you for all the advice & makes me realise I'm not alone in the quest for banishing the belly fat
  • saramatthews919
    Options
    I will give green tea a try
    Thank you for all the advice & makes me realise I'm not alone in the quest for banishing the belly fat