Holiday time

Options
Im leaving tommorow for a 6 day holiday in Spain. I've reached my goal weight of 9 stone 13lbs but I don't want to use mfp on my holiday.
Mainly because of my sister who I'm going on holiday with who is a recovering anorexic so I don't want her to see my counting because she doesn't agree with it.

Is there a way I can maintain my weight without using mfp? Or any advice? I'm going all inclusive.

I'll probably end up just adding meals to mfp In the toilets where she can't see but just looking for advice.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your holiday and your sister's company.
    I do not log while I am on holidays. Once back home, I am back to logging.
    You can always try to choose the healthier food available (sometimes there is not any).
    Spain has wonderful iberic ham (5J rating) with manchego cheese. Rioja wines are excellent.
    Have fun with your sister
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I agree ^^^ enjoy ur holiday, just don't go crazy and eat everything in sight! Hope u have a blast!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I agree. Have a great holiday!
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous- I love Spain! Have a great time, do lots of walking, and do what you can with food - choose healthy things when you can, and watch portions (but enjoy it, too)!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Im leaving tommorow for a 6 day holiday in Spain. I've reached my goal weight of 9 stone 13lbs but I don't want to use mfp on my holiday.
    Mainly because of my sister who I'm going on holiday with who is a recovering anorexic so I don't want her to see my counting because she doesn't agree with it.

Is there a way I can maintain my weight without using mfp? Or any advice? I'm going all inclusive.

I'll probably end up just adding meals to mfp In the toilets where she can't see but just looking for advice.

I was in Ireland last year for two weeks and didn't log a thing. I didn't gain any weight back either.

I watched portions and was always on the move, though.

Enjoy your vacation.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i didnt count anything (and ate ALLLL the things) when i was on vacation and only gained 1.8 pounds. and lost it and more within a week.

go. enjoy. most of what you gain will likely be water/ sodium anyways and come off quick once you get home.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to count on my long holiday this year.

But I do plan to exercise as much as possible. Go on hikes, bicycle rides, swims, kayak trips, etc. etc. ... take the opportunity to get out in the sunshine and be active. :)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I went on an 8 day holiday to the ocean and ate and drank almost everything I shouldn't have. I gained 6 pounds but dropped 3 lbs as soon as I got home and back to eating right, so I assume it was mostly salt & booze bloat. It took me 5 days to lose the other 3, but it was SO worth it!
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did exactly the same a couple of weeks ago. Went away to Majorca weighing 9st 12lbs. Came back weighing 10st 5lbs. Now, 2 weeks later, I weigh 9st 11lbs without having cut back huge amounts (averaged 2100 cals this week). I've just cut back a little bit to get rid of the water weight.

I didn't count calories while I was away and enjoyed my all inclusive fully because I knew that I would be able to bring myself back under control when I got back!

Have a lovely holiday!
  • cathychyeah
    cathychyeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much everyone! Just need to remember if I do gain it's not like I'm starting from the beginning again!

Thankyou!
  • cathychyeah
    cathychyeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Update: Back from my holiday and it was rubbish! Ended up with food posioning and came back weighing less!
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Update: Back from my holiday and it was rubbish! Ended up with food posioning and came back weighing less!

Oh no! Sorry to hear that.